My First Pedalboard!

@PamPurrs What modules do you have in the Temple Audio board?

And what power supply did you go with?

2 Likes

@eric.kiser from left to right in photo:

(1) 4-Way Jack Patch Module
(2) Mini Module Punched Plate
(3) IEC AC Mains Micro Module.

Power supply is the Caline Power (Mounted underneath board)

5 Likes

Thanks Pam. That’s a really cool board.

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Really nice Pam and I dig the red on your temple board! :slight_smile: That Alesis looks sweet and user-friendly (I’ve seen some demos on YouTube). I like the idea of having foot/channel switches on your board which connects to your amp and drums. Have you thought of adding a looper?

3 Likes

Thanks!
Looper has crossed my mind, but I really don’t feel I have a need for one.

5 Likes

I love the concept and people do neat things with them, but I have owned two and never used them much, so I don’t have one on my board now either.

My friend loves them though. And I have considered dropping one in right after my tuner to use while testing pedal settings.

4 Likes

Sort of “halfway” to a full-blown looper pedal is the Freeze pedal, the only pedal I own. It lets you hold chords or drones and then play over them.

Scott has a video where he recommends it for learning scales and modes (especially getting used to how they “sound” in context):

(And, yes, it being a Scott video, it is, unfortunately, a tad long :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

Interesting pedal, but I don’t feel inclined to toss $150 for it.

3 Likes

Haha, wasn’t a sales pitch really :grin:
Just some more ideas for “alternatives” to loopers…

3 Likes

Oh I know that :smile_cat: I was just saying…

3 Likes

No worries, I knew that…

Now, the dubster would have already ordered it, of course…

Which reminds me… getting slightly worried now!! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m a bit concerned also. I wish I had his phone number.

3 Likes

I redid my pedalboard and replaced the Behringer BDI21 with a Tech21 VT Bass DI. I’ve never played through an actual Ampeg SVT but if this is what they sound like I may have to start saving up for one. And then start lifting weights so I lug it around. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a Cioks DC5 mounted underneath for power.

8 Likes

Nice! The VT Bass DI is super good. Still sad I fried mine.

4 Likes

Hey all, I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask. But my relatives and SO asked for christmas wishes :smiley: and first thing came to my mind was a pedal!

Now I don’t want to get crazy, I would love some simple solution with maybe one pedal that can do some variety of effects - if that exists? Or maybe a pedal is overkill and some other gear that I am unaware of can do some effects?
Thanks all!

3 Likes

If you are not sure what you want and would like to learn, it’s hard to go wrong with something like a Zoom B1four.

6 Likes

Ok I’m sold. thats all I need for years to come :smiley: thanks a lot!

5 Likes

Happy to help! Big topic here:

3 Likes

It’s a nice gadget to have for novelty factor but how many of those effects would you ever use in the “real world” without your band mates looking at you sideways while they plan your replacement. Also, I love the fake rubbed off top coat effect on his bass (coz he plays sooooo much) it even has a rubbed off top coat from his man-nipple…hehehe.

3 Likes