My First Pedalboard!

Love the light. Nice board :+1:

BTW nutria are gigantic rat like rodents in New Orleans. A few years ago someone came up with the idea that they could help cure world hunger and challenged local chefs to come up with dishes using them. It didn’t go well

5 Likes

Yeah, but who makes the cool blue braided cable?

5 Likes

Oh yes to plug in my 4 basses I bought 4 awesome cables to match them

7 Likes

The X is mostly about adding that Darkglass tubey scooped clank with tons of tone band control. It’s definitely not a vintage distortion like the VMT - waaaaay more modern and harsh, as you found :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sold my Nether due to underuse. That said if I wanted an octaver again I would just buy another one. Cheap, no noise, and does exactly what I want with an octaver (which is probably pretty different from what most of you would want with an octaver - I love love love the un-guitarlike synthy tones of OC2 clones :slight_smile: )

I don’t really need one now though because I have it in Reaper via Kilohearts snap-ins.

2 Likes

That’s the one. Argyle.
I like the Orange cable too but the build quality is nowhere near that of Pig Hog.

3 Likes

Pulled the trigger on that pedal that was in another thread, the Motorbass.

5 Likes

Super good pedal for the money.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: LMAO “but wait, there’s more! Slices, dices , EVEN BENDS carrots “ Love the pedal passion :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hmm I have to think about the word clank. Usually I hear either buzzy fuzzy (which I hate) or chunky crunchy (which I like).

5 Likes

Leave the drive at around 11am-noon or just under it, turn the low pass all the way open for bass, close the high pass all the way to the right and then open it a little, and turn the mids up a little. Put the Low/High at about 11am. Now play hard with a pick.

Should be very bassy, with a crunchy and clanky sound in the far highs.

I love it even at all noon, if I set the filters right :slight_smile:

Erik kind of does this in this demo around the timecode I linked:

I usually leave the drive pretty low on mine. I don’t use it as a traditional distortion pedal so much as a tone modifier and filter, almost like a little amp sim turned to 11. It’s one of my favorite pedals.

3 Likes

Sweet board. Do you use the the reverb and delay pedal often?

2 Likes

I’ve been using the reverb a lot more lately with the chorus and octave pedal.

3 Likes

Octave+Reverb is a truly sinister sound, I love it to death.

Lately my chorus is always on too (playing a lot of New Order :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Yeah you need a chorus for pretty much any '80s New Wave. That was a great sound.
Try the octave/reverb combo on the Hungarian Minor. Dark.

4 Likes

Updated my pedalboard a bit… I’ve traded my mission engineering expression pedal for the mini Dunlop DVP4 to get more space for some extra (mini) pedals!

Signal path now is:
Bass
Korg tuner (modded with buffer)
Cali76 Bass Compressor
Aguilar booster/preamp
MRX Vintage Bass Octaver
Line6 HX Stomp (multi-effect)
Amp

Still need to label the jack patches but they are in, out, send and return (to my HX stomp) so I still can plug-in extra analog pedals into my chain. I also added an extra midi out to control any external synth or drum computer.

If I’m honest I still prefer a good ol’ analog pedal over a multi-effect device, but I don’t need that much tonal options anyway. With the extra pedals I can lighten the DSP on my stomp for other effects (Line6 added new poly pitch effects in the new firmware update which are more DSP heavy). Now I can finally start with the joy of tidying cables!

4 Likes

nice. after rebuilding my board for the millionth time i think i have decided i don’t give a $#@% about organizing my cables underneath anymore :laughing:

6 Likes

Yeah mine’s a rats nest

5 Likes

As @howard stated, the Octave/reverb/chorus combination can sound very sinister. Listen to Happy Birthday with those 3 pedals (plus the overdrive) engaged.
Happy Birthday Adams Family

3 Likes

So I am liking effects plugins in my DAW so much that I am considering liquidating my pedalboard down to just the tuner, compressor and ValveDrive :slight_smile:

I need to find a good darkglass plugin first though.

1 Like