My first ((subjectively)good) single!

This is “Bullrun”- a self-composed tune that I recorded on Practice Chanter, Irish Whistle, and Bass (obviously). This is for a competition but I figured I’d share it with you all! Enjoy!

p.s. please don’t follow, my parents will ask questions :sweat_smile:

30 Likes

that’s just great

3 Likes

That’s really well done! Nice work on the video as well.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Haha yeah, the video took ages because I had to learn final cut. Thanks!

2 Likes

this is super great @Glitch !!
Awesome creativity on every instrument and the song itself!

BTW, you should post things like this here…

@TNKA36 - I think we found you a chanter instructor! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks John for the praise and reminding me of that thread! I’ll message @TNKA36 and ask if he’s interested, would love to show him how to play!

1 Like

This is really good @Glitch…. You are very talented musician, and your audio and video composition is very well constructed…. You have a great future ahead!!

4 Likes

Thanks Griff!

3 Likes

Nicely done. I did not expect the wind instruments, but that was fun. I did laugh when I saw the “laughy sax” lol (I forget what those are called).

4 Likes

I like it! Very unique and the bass sounds great! Also a fan of the Otamatone :smiley:

3 Likes

that’s what I was looking for! I like my term better :eyes:

4 Likes

This is really cool. I enjoyed. Now I know what an Irish whistle is, lol.

Good job @Glitch

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @Koldunya @chordsykat @Al1885 !! Don’t want to flood the replies with individual notes :slightly_smiling_face:
Have read everything though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had an Irish penny whistle, was learning to play it, lots of fun.
Then one winters storm my brother and sister in laws came to stay with us to drink and ride out the storm. My sister in law is from Ireland, and showed off her penny whistle skills by playing it through her nose.

She got to take it home with her.

6 Likes

I can do that too, and it sounds decent if I plug up the other nostril with a tissue! Lol. Not that I’ve tried playing a whistle through my nose or anything weird like that.

3 Likes

I played a recorder back in school I remember I played it with the finger tip. It’s cool to see how similar instruments played with the middle of the fingers.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s how I played a recorder as well. Those were great teaching instruments - we had recorders and melodicas.

4 Likes

This is a very rare Conn Clar-O-Sax from I think the 1930s (I own one). It’s a sorta recorder but with an octave key and a mouthpiece that takes a reed. It was marketed as a kid’s first instrument (and not a toy). The concept was an inexpensive way to get kids wanting to play sax and clarinets. A “gateway” instrument. Conn was/is responsible for music programs in schools (a marketeer’s genius idea to get future customers) which has stuck til this day. Brilliant. The Clar-O-Sax however was short lived as it’s a bear to play. (Someone forgot to make it easy for kids!)

6 Likes

Yeah once you have a reed and a key on it might as well just go full clarinet.

4 Likes