My near Death Experience

Sadly, I know exactly what you are talking about.
I never remember the flatline or the time in comas or times that I was not breathing, etc…,I ALWAYS wake up or come to, or am pulled out of a medically induced coma 4 days later, being told all sorts of crazy things.
There have been many near deaths / deaths for me, not gonna go over them in your thread, and I have talked about them mostly in other threads, but after I blacked out, fell flat back and hit my head on concrete, cracking my skull and getting several days of brain bleed, being in heat trauma ICU for a week, then getting cleared to go home, this is exactly how I felt for weeks.
it was horrible, I could be pouring tears, then laughing, crying, angry, sad, mad, aggravated, happy, lonely and smothered, all within about a 3 minute span, but sometimes lasting for hours at a time. It was freaking horrible.
but I know exactly what you are saying, when I read that, it sent chills up my spine

Its ok you hate shellfish, I will eat all yours when ever we dine out, I love the stuff.
Great story, glad you made it thru, sounds horrible, and like almost not knowing or remembering it, is almost better. IDK why, my body / brain blocks out some trauma, and people tell me what I did and said and was doing, etc, and once I get that kind of shock, it blocks it out completely. Maybe its the meds that erase any recollection, cuz its usually when they change some meds, or take some meds away, that they wake me up and tell me what happened, and its always 4 days later. I am kind of glad, after the stories I have heard of what happened each time, and jaws of life cutting a car open with me screaming of pain inside, but not recollecting it at all, I almost think its better that way.

Kind of blown away how you shocked the doctor with everything you told him happened, I would have liked to been there for that conversation.
I have a thing about doctors that have never actually gone thru things, thinking they understand them, especially with medicine’s and addictions and withdrawals, but with many things too, telling you what is possible or not.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this news Joe. I am looking forward to my upcoming knee replacement on Oct 8. It will be nice to not have pain 24/7 in THAT knee anymore, but now I kind of don’t want time to move any further into the future, and everything to just sort of be, like it is now.

4 Likes

All the best Joe @Jazzbass19 ,
I hope everything goes well,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I had the privilege of undergoing an angiogram last year, wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be , but it was better than what followed.
I became a member of the zipper club, and to be honest that wasn’t really that bad either, they are so good at doing the procedure.
20 or 30 years ago the risk was really high, but now days it’s a walk in the park, here is a happy snap of me in the icu after I awoke from my snooze,
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

Much happier then the photo’s I have of me in a medically induced coma :wink:
Glad everything went well.

2 Likes

What a story, glad to hear you are ok after that experience.

2 Likes

@Wombat-metal , Lots of reports that I read about people who had NDE’s are often left with a CHOICE: either they can can proceed “into the light” -OR- they can “go back”.

Other reports are similar to YOURS in that the person is told that “it is not yet your time”.

Did you actually hear a voice? Male or Female?
Was it in English?
Or was it just a “feeling” that you had?

I’m really interested in this.

Thanks in advance for your response!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

I actually heard a voice, it wasn’t gendered. And overlaying it all were feelings that were being given to me. I hadn’t touched on that at all, but when I heard the voice, there were emotion that I felt behind it, almost like background music in a movie, Haven’t experienced anything like it before or since.

4 Likes

OK thanks, @Wombat-metal

If/when I hear a voice and it asks me if I want to go ahead into the light, or “go back”, you can sure as hell bet that I’m not going back. :roll_eyes:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

I had some cold sweats that were unusual, while practicing my bass one morning. Urgent care gave me the ambulance ride to the ER…I got an additional IV while moving and asked if I was on ED meds…I said No, and the paramedic said I didn’t look like I needed them. It was an interesting ride.

Anyway, I had a clot removed and a stent inserted and I was awake the whole time and pretty comfortable. Heart attack symptoms can be subtle - I felt like I just needed to burp and I would feel better. But now I’m in cardiac rehab and things are going well. Just have a lifetime of meds to take.

The message of get that bass today cracked me up. I did just order a fender mod shop jazz bass cause I wanted a particular color and was thinking it’s just money. Might as well let it make me happy. Wasn’t sure how much the heart attack mattered, but I like your perspective.

Previously I was just pleased I had my heart attack on Friday and got out by Sunday, so that I didn’t miss any of my School Of Rock band sessions…

5 Likes

Glad you’re on the mend. Keep thumping

3 Likes

I have had similar feelings the times I have been pulled from medically induced coma’s. Its kind of like talking to myself, in thought, along with somebody else filling thoughts into it.
Then there is the strangest feeling coming too, when the nurses voices break thru. It almost feels like Toon Town in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, right when thee doors open and they look into it for the first time. Everything is moving, spinning, floating, falling, breathing, choking, silence, noise, then light and nurses and family talking to you.
First thing I always hear is "Leave that in your mouth, don’t remove that, sir, do not take that out or your mouth, it is breathing for you…
Then things go normal, as normal as that can be for a short time.
You can’t talk, they have breathing and feeding tubes down your throat and it is a horribly uncomfortable, and claustrophobic feeling.
The sooner they can put you back in, the better.

They talk to you for a few minutes, tell you a bit of what is going on, then put back under for a day or two, taking you in and out of it until you don’t need it anymore.

And I have observed my daughter go thru the same thing.

Now when I am very tired, and have not gotten any sleep for 3-4 nights, when I am watching TV or scrolling thu Offer Up or the forum, if I close my eyes and kind of doze off really quickly, the last thought I have stops and bounces around my head for a few seconds, and then I wake up after what was probably only a second or two, and I can’t remember what the thought was, but I have a distinct connection to what it was, but can’t ever remember what it was, and then its gone.

But after reading all of your info, I am just making that connection now, because I have experienced something “Like It” again and have now just begun to realize it.

I agree.
I often think I will tattoo DNR across my chest for future.

So this is recently, wow, glad everything turned out alright and things are looking better.

3 Likes

I checked into this because I was going to get one. They won’t follow it unless they have an actual DNR on file. Even then it’s the doctor’s judgement if it’s an emergency situation.

2 Likes

Good point, Eric @eric.kiser . . . You must have an “Advanced Care Directive” on file with whatever hospital system and doctors you are using.

Otherwise it is up to the ER doctors.

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Another reason why I’m interested . . . has anyone here ever seen a “ghost”? :thinking:

I have never seen one, but I’ll never forget a teenage experience I had:

Back on the Saturday evening of 6-5-1965 my parents had gone out to the movies to watch some James Bond films starring Sean Connery (I think it was a double feature with “Dr. No” and “Goldfinger” but I’m not 100% sure).

Anyway, my younger brother and I had eaten dinner and were watching TV.

All seemed ok, until around 11:30pm when I suddenly got this very sickly, worried, uneasy feeling that something was terribly wrong . . . it is very difficult to describe it, and I have never felt those same feelings ever since. I felt terrified that something had happened to my mother and I couldn’t shake the feeling at all, no matter how I paced around waiting for our parents to return.

We didn’t have cell phones back then and there was no way for me to contact them.

Sure enough, about 20 minutes later, the police brought my father to the house. He was bloodied and sobbing that “Mommy is dead”.

It turned out that they were in a fatal accident less than a mile from our house at the same time that I got those strange, sick, terrified feelings.

I still can’t get over this . . .

5 Likes

Ghosts, have seen several. Grew up in New England which has a lot of old houses, and owned an 1830s house which was a caretakers house for a graveyard. I got stories. Sleeping with the window open at night, often voices from the graveyard.

Maybe after work I can share one or two.

2 Likes

Never seen a ghost…but have been ghosted by several women over the years…

4 Likes

Thanks, @Wombat-metal . . . looking forward to it . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

Holy shit, Joe. That is so terrible.

My ex-wife also lost her mother to a traffic accident when she was a young teenager. It was a terrible tragedy.

2 Likes