NAMM 2020 Bass Announcements

That’s not super pricey for Warwick customs at all, more normal. A lot are up in the $6k-$8k range.

1 Like

Warwick on the left - I don’t see many electric basses with 26 frets. That feature alone makes me want to pick it up rather than just going “yawn, yet another expensive, pretty bass”.

I’m interested to find out more about the 5 string Talman shorty. Tried the TMB30 in a store a few weeks ago and nearly bought it. I was standing at the counter with it in my hand ready to hand over the money when I spotted a used Sterling Ray 4. The Ray 4 came home with me.

2 Likes

Yeah the Talmans look great, I want to try one. I am really curious how the B string will feel.

It sounds like Thumb neck-thrus typically have 26 frets? I had no idea. Cool.

1 Like

Two new Vox basses. Lightweight.

https://voxamps.com/en-gb/series/starstream-en-gb/

2 Likes

These Vox basses are surprisingly odd.

1 Like

Nice, thanks for sharing @JT! The bass tone in the intro of that Orange preamp demo is brutal. :metal:

Here are all the new Darkglass cab specs and weights, for anyone else curious:

Pretty impressive! Especially the 2x10, 34lb is pretty crazy light. My TC Electronic RS210 is 46lb, for comparison.

8 Likes

New bass from Rivolta coming out around mid-year. Nice looking in my opinion. This is just a mock though, so the production model might differ some.

3 Likes

New Reverend Signature bass…

2 Likes

New Warwick Gnome amp head.

1 Like

see this review, it is the next amp on my list

3 Likes

Ah, new six-string basses :grin::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Whoops. Came up in my news feed and was in a hurry so didn’t scrutinize them. Fixed now. :yum:

2 Likes

New Ashdown bass line. Not many details on them yet though.

2 Likes

I think what I’m most looking forward to is seeing if Yamaha come out with any new high-end basses and I’m curious about the new Sadowsky/Warwick partnership basses being announced. You can see one of those in the image below (or at least this was on the partnership announcement page)

6 Likes

Here is the page for the four new Ashdown basses. All roughly around $1k.

3 Likes

Will you be live tweeting from NAMM for us, @JT?? Pretty please :blush::joy:

5 Likes

I assume they doesn’t have a badge. Though they certainly have a pulse on the industry. Either way, it seems we will all be in the know one way or another!

2 Likes

Someone please get a badge so we get an inside scoop!!

I had this idea a few months ago, I’d say I was in the industry, maybe sign up as Vik’s Custom Basses (hey, I did take apart that bass and put it back together with custom parts awhile back :laughing: ). Even scoped out cheap Airbnbs to stay at around Anaheim, CA.

But my hack wouldn’t work - they want not only website, marketing, and such things to validate you, but also invoices of orders, references, and preferably a referral from a current member of NAMM! Time to work on some serious networking here… :thinking: Or, if there’s someone already in the industry and going, let us know & keep us posted!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

I won’t be at NAMM unfortunately. Just particularly interested as I’m buying a new bass soon, so looking at everything coming out. There is more than I am sharing, but if I talk about every little pedal and such it would become a chore. :slightly_smiling_face:

Taylor has a new GS Mini-e Koa Plus Bass which looks gorgeous and will be affordable (compared to the Martin above).

taylor

Doesn’t look like Music Man has any new bass models, but has some new colors for their existing bass lines.

Aesthetically, for my tastes, I just wish they used the 5 string pickguard on the 4-string. Not a fan of the egg pickguard personally.

Ashdown has a new “pedalboard amplifier” called the Ant.

5 Likes

BTW, if you do want to see a more comprehensive list with all the little effect pedals, etc. guitar.com’s looks pretty good. There is a separate Bass Guitar section, but the electronics aren’t broken out by guitar/bass. 10 best guitars, pedals and amps of NAMM 2020

2 Likes