Need Help Picking Bass

Thanks!. I would imagine so.

3 Likes

NIce. love the color.

3 Likes

Very nice :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m after a little advice.
I’ve been offered a second hand (mint condition) Warwick Rockbass Corvette 4 string for £300 and I’m tempted. I currently own a Squier P bass and want some opinions if the Warwick would be a good addition

3 Likes

Hands down yes it would be, especially at that price. I want one myself.

4 Likes

Maybe this will help. I own a Warwick Teambuilt so I can’t really comment about the Rockbass. But I do know Warwick stands for quality and I love my streamer (altho mainly for playing with pick).

3 Likes

Thanks @Bersist

2 Likes

Nice man you’re blessed to have 2 Warwicks like that! :heart_eyes:
I’m going to probably start with a Rockbass as my first Warwick.

2 Likes

Two? No I just got one lol. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi @Paul.
Thanks for that, I looked at the thread. But now am a bit worried as the guitar I’ve been offered doesn’t have the W on the headstock.
Does that mean it’s a poor version?

2 Likes

Oi sorry I accidentally read that as you have a Rockbass Corvette & your Streamer. But I just went back you only said you’ve been offered one.

2 Likes

No I think you are confusing me for @Jim_May :grin:

Edit: Ah I think you got confused with the thread I linked in my post. I only shared that thread for more information. That wasn’t me who made that thread.

3 Likes

I’m not really that educated in Warwicks history but I think the W has always been on the headstock? Probably best to ask someone who owns or has owned a Rockbass.

4 Likes

I’ve seen Streamers without the “W” but not a Rockbass without their logo on the headstock. So I don’t know about that one tbh.

4 Likes

Hi @Bersist. The headstock on this one has “Rockbass by Warwick” on it, with the Corvette detail just above the neck. It just doesn’t have the usual W. Everything else (pups, knobs, pegs,electrics etc) are identical
Just don’t want to buy a knock off lol

3 Likes

Hello no, I don’t want you to buy a cheap knock off either. See if you can run the stamped SN number on their website to make sure, idk. Or message someone at warwick & show them the listing.

I’m no expert but I’ve just never seen a Rockbass without their trademark “W” stamped to it’s forehead before not saying it can’t.

2 Likes

I’ve got the serial number so I’ll give that a try. Thanks @Bersist

3 Likes

If you can’t then just message them and ask them to run the SN with the listing. I’ve always gotten decent help when asking questions straight from the manufacturer in most cases.

3 Likes

So I have never played one, but the thing I read somewhere is that early RockBasses did not used to carry Warwick’s branding with the logo, and the general opinion is there were serious quality control issues with them. Eventually Warwick clamped down on the quality issues and once satisfactory started putting their logo on them. I do not have a reference for this though.

Another thing to point out is that some of the older non-W RockBasses did not have the two-piece bridge. You absolutely want the two-piece bridge; you absolutely want the Just-A-Nut as well. Warwick’s adjustable bridge system and the adjustable nut are two of the best things about them. The bridge should look like this:

and not a normal one-piece bridge. The nut should be similarly adjustable via two allen bolts as well. As far as I am concerned those are table stakes for considering an older Warwick of any kind, not just the RockBasses.

I would personally not consider a non-W RockBass. That said I have owned two Warwick branded RockBasses and they were both fine.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @howard I’m sorry that the sale ended up being too good to be true but at least you and all of us got the info on that batch of Rockbasses.

2 Likes