NEW Ampeg Venture Bass Heads and Cabinets

New bass amp heads based around the SGT-DI preamp pedal. The new amps come in 300, 700, and 1200 watt versions with a selection of new cabinets.

Ampeg :: Venture Series Bass Heads and Cabs

Ampeg Venture V3 300-watt Bass Head | Sweetwater

15 Likes

Ok those might be winners.

2 Likes

Pretty sweet! Always good too see more modern/lightweight stuff from Ampeg :relieved:

2 Likes

Damn you @eric.kiser, Sweetwater has them in stock. Guess my Portiflex is going up for sale.

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl:

But I just fixed my 2,000 pound, malfunction-prone tube Ampeg…
What could I possibly want with a new, light, reliable…

Oh, damn it.

4 Likes

Yeah this one looks pretty good

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Again I say

Damn you @eric.kiser!!!

3 Likes

Another nice BB :rofl:

BBP35 actually, in the color I want a BBP34. It’s not black :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually a really nice demo :ok_hand:

2 Likes

What cool cat wants for Christmas.

1 Like

Bwa ha haaaa! You are welcome. :metal: :smiling_imp: :+1:

:imp:

3 Likes

Wow! You went with the 1200? You are serious.

1 Like

Yeah, right? I’ve never needed more than a 500 watt, but since I told my wife it was your fault I was buying, I decided to splurge for the V12

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Lol go big or go home :grin:

4 Likes

This is pretty cool. On the V7 and up, there’s a wet/dry blend control on the effects return. If any effects pedals are dropping low end, it can come back here. People sometimes ask why put pedals in the effects loop. This box has a reason.

4 Likes

I’m a little bit surprised that the pre-eq switch sends the direct out to FOH without the SGT circuit or the compression. I’d expect that to be the character you want to go to the PA while the downstream EQ may just be dealing with local cab issues. That looks like it’s more designed for recording than a PA send.

1 Like

review:

2 Likes