New Ariane Cap Fretboard book incoming!

I’ve pre-ordered as well. Even though $20 for shipping to the UK is a bit rough, but books are heavy, so I guess it’s fair. Even with shipping, it’s only twice what I’ve paid for a personal lesson with a local teacher, and I know it’s worth more than that.

4 Likes

Yeah, I just did mine also. I’m sure it’s money well spent

4 Likes

Pre-ordered also. Went for the signed copy because already spending $50 on a book, figured why not $10 more.

It sounds like it’s over 300 pages so yeah probably pretty heavy.

4 Likes

I was going to place an order last night for the book and the poster but they ship them separately so it adds $40 postage to the UK. Much as I think the poster would be a useful addition in my practice room I think its going to have to be the book only

4 Likes

Yeah. The poster shipping is brutal. I wanted it, but not for that much. Probably also get stung with +20% VAT when it gets to the UK… Not expensive enough for Customs at least. So I just went with the book in the end as well.

3 Likes

Here’s some good news regarding shipping, for those of you across the pond. Ari just sent this out.

our wall charts ship in a sturdy roll, so getting them to you safely (especially overseas) is not so easy, which is what adds to the price of shipping. So Natalie asked if we could just pack both the Theory and the Pattern chart in one roll and help her save on shipping that way - great idea and yes we can. And the book thrown in as well? You got it!

And because that is so cool and because we are so happy all is going so well, we are taking another $5 off. So this means you can order both wallcharts at nice discounts and save on $5 for US shipping or $20 on international shipping!

The two new tiers are called:

THE EPIC WALLCHART SAVER and the EPIC WALLCHART SAVER PLUS BOOK

EDIT: Ooooops I should have had a second cup of coffee before I posted that. The package she is referring to is 2 wall charts, not the new chart and the book. Sorry

4 Likes

I actually wanted both anyway, so got the new package with both and the book. I was on the fence, but decided to just pull the trigger in case I regretted it. Part of me thinks the posters might be a crutch, but the other part of me thinks they’d be useful to have. Do you have the theory one? Do you use it much?

3 Likes

No I don’t, but the new chart sounds intriguing enough for me to get it and hang it on my wall. I’ll probably frame it so it looks nicer.

Question: How did you go about cancelling your first order? I can’t find a link for that on the page.

3 Likes

Go into “My Contributions” under your avatar in the top right when you are logged in.

Go into “View Details” on the one you want to cancel.

Then “Refund Contribution”

3 Likes

Thanks! I cancelled and reordered

3 Likes

I’ve done the same now and sprung for the book and two poster package

4 Likes

Ari’s new book was featured in this edition of No Treble. It’s a good article.

3 Likes

Just backed it for The Epic Wall Chart Saver plan.

3 Likes

I already have the first book, so the new book and two posters combo it is. Thanks @JT and @PamPurrs for pointing this out.

4 Likes

Got my Spiral bound edition. Her 1st book and course are awesome. Lots of material to learn, but she teaches in steps.:+1::+1:

4 Likes

@BigAl I keep hoping someone will write an in depth review of he course. It’s easy to find people singing her praises. I want to know what was difficult or what didn’t work as well as you would like.

I would like to know what I’m getting into before I do it. I’ve heard a couple people say she can be a bit clinical in her approach. I’m worried her classes will end up being rather dull and a slog to get through.

4 Likes

I bought this course when it 1st came out for $250. There’s 20 units in the course. Each unit is divided into: intro,finger Kung fu, theory practice,bassline lab,combo class, hip bit, wiz bit, and outro each one of these sub units 1 to 7 parts. The book itself is like 178 pages. She goes from basic to intermediate exercises finger exercises to play along exercises. There a lots information and exercises in the course. There’s a lot of stuff on YouTube but you will not find all the material there. When I 1st start out it was good for me show all the intervals and diffent ways to learn notes on fretboard. Learn triads ect it’s a theory book. Buying the book would probably be cheaper. That how I did it and I want to learn more so I purchase the course. I have course from Mark on talkingbass.net also, there so much to learn. So for me the more stuff I have in my tool box the better. Good luck Eric hopefully this helped. PS
I also have course’s from true fire. But that me.:grin::smile::smiley::laughing::beers:

4 Likes

There a course on true fire which won’t break the bank . Pentatonic playground for Bass. It’s like a preview on the way she teaches. There might be some free preview lessons on there too. Good luck. Do your homework, it might be for you or it might not be for you. Everyone different and everyone has there opinions.

5 Likes

Cool. Thanks @BigAl.

Would you say you enjoyed her teaching style or you enjoyed the knowledge you gained?

4 Likes

I would say, yes. That theory course is super long. You may not need that. Not everyone has the same weaknesses and strengths. There’s a couse on true fire that I enjoyed by Ryan Madora. It has major scale workouts and some song study. I really like the way she teaches. She has a free ebook called beginner improvisation for bass player. I’m actually working on that right now. Food for thought. Lots of cool grooves. There’s lots of grooves that look EZ but take time to master. I used Josh beat ruler,LOL but it works. To get these grooves down. Hope this was helpful. I rather take the cheaper way. But sometimes you have to pay and find out the hard way. Which I have done. The course for Ryan is about $25.00. Good luck. :+1:I also like the Andy Irvine 30 beginner bass grooves. Sometimes they have special and you can get these course dirt cheap. Like $5.00.

6 Likes