New Ariane Cap Fretboard book incoming!

You all are costing me so much money in this forum.
:rofl:

7 Likes

Ari really emphasizes intervals, which she says (and Mark Smith concurs) are the building blocks of music theory. I tend to agree. I really got a lot out of her first book, and also the accompanying video lessons.
@eric.kiser she can be a bit droll at times, but she’s damn good at it.

5 Likes

I find that she is so thorough and effective in her organization of content that I’m willing to forego the entertainment I’ve become accustomed to.

6 Likes

I’m just in Unit 1 of her course so can’t give a thorough review, but based on what I’ve seen so far, she is a good teacher.

I wouldn’t say she is as fun and engaging as Josh, but that’s a very high bar. She is effective at teaching because of her program design and great explanations of what can be quite a dry topic in itself.

4 Likes

My thanks to all of you. This was what I needed to hear to help me push the button on it.

4 Likes

Glad to be of help @eric.kiser

3 Likes

I just have to say that Ari Cap’s first book is just tremendous. Thank you again @PamPurrs for turning me on to this.
The way she teaches is exactly what I was looking for.
I am about 1/2 way thorugh and the fretboard is literally lighting up for me in intervals.
Songs now as I play them make sense, which starts to make little sub-consious connections in your brain as to what should come next sonically and where your fingers should go. This is a gradual process for sure but same thing happened on sax for me a while back. All of a sudden my fingers started knowing what to do before I did. This is playing vs. practicing.

This unlock was still not there for me until Ari’s book (Mark’s Chord Tones helping a lot too). I knew all the theory prior but placing it on the fretboard like Ari does is just amazing. I honestly don’t even care what her next book is about, I would have ordered it anyway based on the first one. I think Ari is indeed the next logical step past BassBuzz, at least for me it was/is.

6 Likes

That’s perfect. That’s where we all want to be, no matter what instrument we play.

I’m glad my recommendation has helped you.

4 Likes

Today is the anticipated ship day for the new book!

5 Likes

Thanks Dave T.
Hopefully mine comes in soon.:+1::+1:
Cheers🍻

3 Likes

Yes just saw the announcement.
Which is great as I just finished her 1st book last week.

3 Likes

Yeah she posted on her Facebook page today. The books are going out first, then the wall charts (in a tube from a different location), and then the tee shirts (from yet another location).
I’m looking forward to all of it.

3 Likes

I was just randomly thinking about it today and happened to check the go fund me page on the day they were projected to ship. Good to hear it confirmed with the news feed!

3 Likes

This is the email that went out earlier today from Ari…

Dear Awesome Backers,

whoop, we have done it. The campaign concluded with a whooping 262% funded! I am blown away by your support! Thank you for your pre-orders, they helped tremendously in carrying this project over the finish line!

Our fulfillment center has received the books. It is awesome to see the number in stock: 1020!
Wallcharts: 1000!

And over 950 books and many wallcharts, theory books, theory charts, TShirts etc. will go out to you momentarily!

• Orders will start shipping in the next few days. With all the add-ons and specials we are looking at over 2000 items to pack, ship, address etc. so your patience is much appreciated.

• Books will go out first, wallcharts next. TShirts and digital items last. Everything ships separately (from different locations).
    Posters ship in rolls.
    Books and posters come from Minnesota (in separate packages),
    TShirts, digital items and of course signed books I do personally from my garage in Nashville (for those of you who know that I have recently moved you will get a chuckle out of this comment: what’s a few more boxes? )

• If you donated a book for someone, we will keep you in the loop on the blog about how we are going about these donations; we will post pictures of the recipients as well. This will be several weeks down the road because we are thinking of fair and engaging ways to qualify recipients.
    If you’d like to know more about the wonderful gesture from one of our students that set sparked a “pay-it-forward” fire, here it is (you can still participate as well): https://arisbassblog.com/a-beautiful-story/ We have 25 donated books so far!! Thank you!!

• The first Pattern Huddle is coming up this weekend! If you chose that as an add-on, please expect the info on this very soon. We offer three different huddle times on the 8th, 9th and 15th of this month!
    Missed this opportunity and want to join? Email us and I hook you up (it’s $15). It is a webinar on the journey ahead. Your questions will also be answered!

Thanks for your orders, your support, and your patience as we make our way through final touches, spreadsheets, and fulfilling your orders!

Any questions, wishes, concerns, please contact us!

I am excited for you to start your epic bass journey through the Pattern System soon!

Ari and the entire very hard working A-Team

3 Likes

Oh dear I was about to buy the bassist theory book, should I wait, or is it a different title?

2 Likes

Different title, its her second book, and they should go hand in hand.
She was running a deal on Indiegogo but it has ended.
At some point she will start selling the second book on her website and Amazon, etc.
No harm at all in getting the first book, its a great book/course and a reference you will use over a lifetime.

5 Likes

Go ahead and get it, it’s a nice prelude to the new one that’s coming out. Both books are essential reading material.

4 Likes

I hope this goes out soon. we’re putting our house up for sale on Monday and it would be nice if it got here while I still live here :grin:

3 Likes

Just be sure to sell your house to a bass player, and all is good! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Just recieved my Ariana Cap "The Pattern System for the Bass Player. WOW there’s a lot of information in this book. Just started reading and watching my 1st couple of videos. Over 300 pages of material.

8 Likes