New Ariane Cap Fretboard book incoming!

Hooray!
Mine says it will arrive on Friday…sorry family, I will be busy this weekend.

6 Likes

Mine shipped today.
Is this one bigger than her last book?

3 Likes

Mine said Thursday and arrived today. Yup, we’re all going to be busy this weekend and weekend to come. :rofl::joy::beers:

4 Likes

Much…300 vs 184 pages!

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m in two of her Saturday morning study groups and I’m sure this will be a topic of conversation. this coming Saturday.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen anything about it yet. Did you get an email with the shipping info?

2 Likes

Yes, I got it today. It’s shipping via USPS out of Minnesota. She said it’s going out in stages so you’ll be getting a notification soon.

3 Likes

I just got an email saying mine was sent. However, I probably won’t touch it until after Christmas as I want to finish the music theory one first. I mainly ordered it now to support the campaign and to get a spiral bound copy as they didn’t sell the theory book in spiral bound in the UK.

3 Likes

I’m due to finish B2B in a couple of weeks and I was pondering what to do next. I like how Josh’s course has been organised and the order in which he has delivered his material has made a lot of sense to me. I looked at a few of the suggestions here as to what to do next to keep progressing. Chord Tones and Ari’s course were the two I was tossing up. Anyway, today I bit the bullet and signed up for Ari’s new Cohort starting in mid June. I’m a bit of a nerd, so quite interested in the theory side and, from what I’ve seen of her, I like her manner and the way she teaches. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

I’m in that cohort too so see you there!

2 Likes

Oh great. Unfortunately all the online meet ups are not very friendly to Australian time-zones, so I’ll be watching them on catch up, I suspect.

2 Likes

My new Ari book arrived yesterday. No wall chart or cool tee shirt yet, but I’m sure they’ll be coming soon.

7 Likes

Same here!
Looking forward to the very thick book and what she has in store for us all!

3 Likes

Get your pencils :pencil2: out there’s a lot of writing :writing_hand:in book in store for us. Work,work,work…work​:crazy_face::joy::rofl:.

3 Likes

LOL I know, I’m in the study group and her homework assignments are brutal.

3 Likes

I wish I had the time to join her group(Cohort). It seem an awesome way to learn. Just don’t have the dedicated time to do this at moment. So Jealous :joy::rofl:. One day.

3 Likes

Got my shipping confirmation email yesterday, so I guess I’ll have them (ordered both books) in a week or so. So, with those, and the 4 Talkingbass courses in my queue, I should have enough lesson material to last me, oh, the rest of my life (at my pace, anyway)…

3 Likes

@PamPurrs Are you doing the Cohort or is this study group something else?

1 Like

Pam can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the cohorts are only for Music Theory right now. However, there is a practice group for the Pattern System though. Practice groups are like mini-cohorts. You get weekly hour long video chats as a group with Ari for 10 weeks. I’m assuming Pam is in that for the Pattern System. She’s also in the Ear Training practice group with me. Pam is going crazy on the learning right now. She’s on a mission!

The cohort is 40 weeks, 20 units that are 2 weeks each. You are supposed to be doing about an hour of study each day for that (and the practice group ideally). The cohorts only start twice a year. Next one starts on two weeks and I’m on that. As is someone else on this forum.

https://arisbassblog.com/cohort/

3 Likes

Thanks @JT. I wasn’t familiar with the practice groups. Ari is doing all kinds of stuff growing her site. It’ll be interesting to see what changes when playing gigs become more common again. Has she decided to just focus on teaching from now on?

Yep. Pam is like that. I’ve watched her hammer this mission for two years and she doesn’t seem to be slowing down any. :rofl:

3 Likes