**NEW** B2B Live Hangs - Permanent Ongoing Schedule

The time never changes for me,

OK, now I see :slight_smile:

The time in New York is UTC-5 during the winter and UTC-4 during summer.

If we meet at the same “New York Time” all year round the correct way would be:

B2B hangout at 04:00 PM EST.

Then we all adjust accordingly with regards to daylight saving time etc. depending on our timezone and the time of year.

The confusion starts when UTC is altered too :slight_smile: (People often confuse UTC with GMT. But the first is a “time reference” the latter is a “time zone”).

Not to worry. I’ll show up anyway :slight_smile:

(I work as a police officer in computer forensics. And the concept of timestamps on computer files from all around the world sometimes makes our heads explode) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Back in the day National Public Radio in the US would synchronize their stations across the country to “CNYT,” current New York time.

1 Like

I was out walking a couple miles and lost track of time! Just got back to the house but an hour late. Assuming I missed you guys.

2 Likes

My health was cooperating and letting me get up and move, and the weather was nice, and I lost track of time on a nice long walk. I saw a neighbor working on his antenna, said he couldn’t get the super bowl in and I realized oh no it’s that time.

2 Likes

Oops, ii completely forgot about this. I got deep into a project and got completely lost in time. I hope it was a good turnout.

4 Likes

I was reminded of this poem after our call.
Sometimes, this place is beautiful.

6 Likes

THIS SUNDAY - we are LIVE again.
March 12

Let’s get everyone zoomed in!
See you then.

PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE

4 Likes

Submitting my RSVP; would be fun to do some more Lightning Round Questions. :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi there!

I’ll try to be there - I have questions about Reaper and I started Module 13, and slapping is a challenge. I mean, I feel slapped, but does my bass? :wink:

Check your local time here: http://time.unitarium.com/utc/2100

Cheers
Antonio

5 Likes

I hope to join this time! No heavy carbs for lunch that day… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Re: which time is this actually happening in my time zone?

You all need to be careful to use UTC without some reflection on the fact that (most of) the US is switching to daylight saving time during the night just before the hang, while Europe is not yet switching to daylight saving time (not before March 26)!!

(I am sorry I don’t have the brain capacity to figure out what might apply to Asia and the Southern hemisphere…)

In any case, and since there is some confusing and contradicting information in here already, do the UTC check ONLY on the actual meeting day! That requires that we agree on the UTC of the hang, which I am not sure we do (reading through the thread) :joy:

However, to me anyway, a better approach is this: the one thing that doesn’t change is that the hang happens at 4pm in New York for John (regardless of summer or winter or whatever) - and that should be the reference point for all calculations.

For most of winter and most of summer 4 pm for John corresponds to 10 pm for central Europe (9 pm for UK/Portugal)

From March 12 to March 25, 2023 (both days included), 4 pm for John corresponds to 9 pm for central Europe (8 pm for UK/Portugal).

From Oct 29 to Nov 4, 2023 (both days included), 4 pm for John corresponds to 11 pm for central Europe (10 pm for UK/Portugal).

Hope this helps!?

6 Likes

No DST here in Japan, thank goodness. Of course the hang is also at 6am on Monday morning so no hang here in Japan either :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll try to make it.

5 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me that time zones & converting from F to C and back are man’s biggest challenges.

3 Likes

Well, they aren’t - until you come an hour too late :grin:

Converting from Bb to C (Eb to C) is indeed something best left to the leader of the big band (I mean he’s gotta own that position somehow).

2 Likes

I do not know, nor will I ever understand, how anyone does this, in there head, on the fly while playing, and generally high (maybe that’s the ticket). It’s the work of Satan.

5 Likes

Well, hellfire. I won’t be available for this one. I’m leaving tomorrow for a Tombstone, AZ trip for my birthday. Won’t be back until Monday.

2 Likes

this is why i generally prefer discord for this kind of thing :laughing:
can type the times in code on there, that shows a dynamic timestamp, whatever time everyone sees on screen, that’s when it’ll be in their local time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have personally seen a tiny time zone issue cause an outage initially scoped at $150M USD lost revenue.

1 Like

@howard I was an IT guy for over a dozen years in a previous life, with some entry level programming and web stuff so I’m loving the programmer-time folly sheet! The further I read along the the original post the more chuckles I get.

2 Likes