New Fender Rumble Studio series - any opinions?

I know that Josh had previously recommended the Rumble 40 as a good beginner’s amp, but also one that generally could be used for practice and even smaller venues. I just saw that there is now a new series from Fender called “Rumble Studio ###”, which seems to be related to the other Rumble models, but also feature emulation of a number of classic and modern amp models as well as some effects.
Anyone in the forum who has already tried one of these, say the Rumble Studio 40, and could share their experience with me/us!?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Haven’t tried one, but I tend to not get interesting in modeling amps… I don’t like music gear to feel like computer programming - if I did I’d just run everything through post-processing and modeling and stuff. So I like the old-school simplicity of analog/things that just sound how they sound, usually.

That said, this could be a great sounding amp, I haven’t tried it! It has some nice features the regular Rumble doesn’t, like Pre and Post XLR outs.

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in, Josh! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Hey joergkutter; For whatever reason, I’m just seeing this post now! I purchased the Studio Rumble 40 amp, and thus for absolutely love it!
I can see how, for purists, the “tech” aspect can be off-putting, but for someone VERY new to the whole music scene in general, it is really cool to have an amp that can model SO many different sounds/styles of amplification with no more work than spinning a knob! I’m sure that once I have a lot more time under my belt that I will find a particular “sound” of amp that I gravitate to and utilize that more often, but for now, the ability to “try out” a ton of different sounds from the pre-programmed setting as well as the ability to create my own based off those, is an amazing thing.
I am just wowed by the fantastic combination of tech and convenience of something like this!

-Kevin

5 Likes

Hey @kevwheez, my sentiments exactly! But maybe I am extra wow’ed by this because I had no idea how far technology had come in this area the last 15-20 years…
Happy sound-shaping!!

5 Likes

If you don’t mind digital (which the modeling amps use as well) you’ll be blown away by the value of the combo effects boxes for this. They all do amp modeling as well.

I have this one and love it:

https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/bass/b1on-bass-effects-pedal

they have replaced it with a new model that is even better:

4 Likes

Thanks, @howard! I think we might have discussed these before already (perhaps in a different thread!?). Anyway, they look quite impressive!

4 Likes

Not just so many presets, that, yes they are digital, but spin through the dial find something close to what you want and then spin into the user mode and tweak to your hearts content and SAVE it. OK I’m an old fart who worked in radio and was the production geek I had my own 4 track set-up and worked at a station with 8 tracks. I was the guy they had to cut the power to get me out of the production room. Yes we are talking commercials and parodies, but creativity is creativity. Anyway the Rumble Studio 40 allows me to experiment with different effects and for that matter cabinets so I can figure out what to spend $$$$ on to do what I want…rather than buying a bunch of stuff that that I’ll say “Theres X$ I’ll never see again.” The only drawback to the thing is that if you are a newbie or a limited income (aren’t we all???) you can get lost in messing around and suddenly there is only enough time to maybe shower and go to work…little or no sleep last night. While the pre sets are nice, the ability to create your own and store them by the dozen is well worth it. And after all how many of us really need the purity of a gazzilion $ worth of equipment most of the time? 2 AM and you’re playing with your friends…you need something different in effects… turn a dial, punch a few buttons and there you go. The creativity wasn’t lost along with the moment. Now I’m not going to say Mic Drop, because anyone who trashes equipment like that should be forced to listen to Yoko Ono at 11 for all eternity, but you get the point.

3 Likes

Me! I do! I want ALL the equipment ALL the time!
And I want a team of young people with strong backs to carry it all around for me.
Regardless, the Studio 40 is an amazingly versatile piece of equipment. :+1:

3 Likes

It’s also very very light, and so you wouldn’t need the team of people to carry it around for you eric.

1 Like

I control mine almost exclusively through my iphone - the only thing I touch on the amp itself is the master volume.

1 Like

Forgot about the remote aspect Seems the only thing they forgot to include was a beer dispenser

1 Like

I went with the Rumble 100. I really like it and it weighs next to nothing. It is amazing how much sound it can put out.

3 Likes

I’m very happy with mine, @sbgower . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

So did I and I love it. I have a B1 four Zoom effects pedal, so I have all the effects I could possibly want.

2 Likes

I just bought the Rumble 15 last week. I needed something small to put in the living room so I could play along with Josh on YouTube! I didn’t want to drag the stack up from the basement every time! Seems to work pretty well and puts out decent sound for a small amp.

4 Likes

Pam, what does an effects pedal so for you? I know lead guitars use them, but I had no clue they could be used with a bass. Any info for this old newbie?

2 Likes

Here’s a big thread where we discuss them:

there’s also a great pedalboard thread:

3 Likes

Here’s another thread…

2 Likes