NOOB QUESTION(s) - Daily Storage of Your Basses

Ahh, that’s good.

3 Likes

Geez you guys are making me jealous!
First day of winter here on Monday :snowman_with_snow:

4 Likes

I like these stands, where the basses stand next to each other - much more space-saving. I have two 3’s (didn’t know I was gonna own 5 basses at some point), but they have them as 5’s, 7’s, and even 9’s

I guess the general feeling is, if the basses are locked away in their hardcases, the threshold to take them out and play/practice is just that tiny bit higher that can make all the difference.

7 Likes

@JDDaniel . . . don’t be overly concerned with all the discussions about humidity in our respective locations . . . :wink:

The important thing to consider is about CHANGES in humidity, rather than the humidity itself. If your basses are in a relatively constant and stable environment (temp & humidity) they will adapt and stabilize at those conditions.

If you then take your bass out to a gig or to jam with friends, the changes in temp and humidity will affect the tuning, etc.

So you can keep your basses out on display in your home with no worries. :slight_smile:

HTH and all best, Joe

4 Likes

I might not be that optimistic. I ordered one for 5 right away. Gotta be prepared for MBD-GAS :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

At home I keep my instruments out and close to hand, not even any instrument stands…

But when I’m traveling for work and staying in hotel rooms it’s a completely different story…

or not. :smiley:

8 Likes

Nice to see the Mikro out in the wild :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I got this triple stand at Guitar Center to my 3 girls…

9 Likes

Hey Pam, that’s pretty cool. Does it rotate like a Lazy Susan?

4 Likes

No it doesn’t and to be honest, I don’t think I would want it to.

5 Likes
  • one more on the stand.
5 Likes

Yeah it is!

4 Likes

Mine was on a stand in the home office, but space is an issue. So, as much as I hated it I mounted a nice high quality rack in my closet:

I hate to hide it in the closet, but the Rumble is still in view!

9 Likes

@kwt7667 - I’ve hid some of my instruments in the closet also at times… Times when I was hiding them from my wife who may not have known that I had bought “another” new one!! :rofl: :rofl:

Great Idea!! Love it!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

9 Likes

I can relate; I used to have that problem until about 10 years ago. The problem ended when I gave my wife control of the books – which sounds contradictory, but believe it or not, she didn’t mind so much when I bought something after that. If I wanted a Fender Custom Shop PJ built to order in Sea Foam Green, and I told her I wanted it, she’d have no problem at all and tell me to go get it. I can’t explain it , but I sure wish I had known that in the first 20 years of our marriage.

11 Likes

Hi JD,
I agree with @Gorch and @Lanny.
I have the ones I use most on stands or in the rack the rest are in their cases.
Again I think they are like nice bottles of RED , they like constant consistent temperature to ensure they age gracefully.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Second that.

5 Likes

As Josh will tell you in Module 16, the easier you make it to pick up your bass and play the more likely you are to pick up your bass and play! You will notice my Jazz is plugged in and ready. I can throw my strap over my shoulder, hit the power button on my amp and be making music in seconds. Put your bass away in a case and it is much more likely to sit there safe in its case… lonely and cold, wishing it could make the sweet sounds it was made to.

10 Likes

My three main Basses live on 2 stands and one of them is somewhere close to me. They never are put down for very long when I am here, and I cycle between them fairly often.

I am considering a triple stand like @PamPurrs has, and then 2 more Basses could come out of the closet.
I could get two triple stands and they can all come out, however, the rack style Thea @terb showed could be a better option.

But what I am really probably gonna does order a triple stand and a 5 bass rack unit. The two single stands can be used for temp use when some of the other Basses are out of the rack unit.

I only have one hard case between them, but never really use it.

Of course with my EXTREME CASE of dual diagnosed MBS and GAS, realistically I will get a 7 bass rack and the triple stand. The added two slots in the rack, and the two single stands allow for 4 more Basses. That might get me thru the summer.

5 Likes

Good point, @BassFaceDisgrace . . . I have to admit that I probably don’t practice as much as I should because of storage issues, setup, etc. Looks as if you’re well prepared, though! :wink:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes