NOOB QUESTION(s) - Daily Storage of Your Basses

Yes, I leave as many out as can safely store so I play them continuously :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@Jazzbass19 dont you have space for a stand then Joe?

2 Likes

Yes I do have a stand, @Jamietashi . . . but I have to pull out and set up my amp and cabling any time I want to practice, then put everything back, etc.

Sometimes I wish I had a bigger place :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

I say get rid of all your furniture and turn the whole apartment into a music room. Get a bean bag chair for your practice breaks.

(Just kidding, of course)

7 Likes

lol . . . thanks, @PamPurrs

I’ll think it over . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

I have a 3-instruments stand like yours @PamPurrs . I used to like it because it looks pretty much like what you sometimes can see in music shops, but I quickly found it took too much place (big footprint). but if you have a big room I think it looks really cool.

I use a 9-instruments in line stand + 4 or 5 individual foldable stands for my guitars and basses. it’s convenient and relatively compact.

3 Likes

So here’s my issue with stands.

If your instruments live in an area with lots of traffic (think kids, dogs, spouses with vacuum cleaners), that stand will get knocked over some day.

I have reason to assume that quite a few of us would be somewhat upset to find our instrument lying on the floor with its head stock only being held to the rest of the instrument by a set of strings.

I do, however, subscribe to the need to have my basses at my immediate disposal, so as to not put any obstacles between me and practicing. I want to see them when I enter the room.
That’s why I hang them on the wall.

6 Likes

I might do this too in my next house. it’s by far the best footprint, and it looks like your room is some kind of museum :grin:

3 Likes

My museum is probably smaller than yours. :wink:

4 Likes

we have exactly the same number of basses :grin:

2 Likes

Yessss… but I have only one guitar.
Oh, wait – and one MIDI keyboard.

And your amp is bigger.

Oh, wait… your amp WAS bigger, right?

5 Likes

if you include the guitar amps, they might be the most interesting part of my museum :grin:

5 Likes

Of course we do!

3 Likes

Hi @peterhuppertz,
Looks like they are hanging in the appropriate spot to me, you can keep them cool in summer and warm in winter.
I’m sure they appreciate your thoughtfulness :joy::joy::joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Somehow, this DOES NOT surprise me @Jazzbass19 Joe… You strike me as a VERY organized individual :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I know - I’m kinda the same way??..

Bigger Place!! Yes, more room. One room that can stay a mess - kinda like my music, gun, hobby, man cave, etc room… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Perfect excuse to get an acoustic. :+1:

4 Likes

I alternate between the OHSC, and this stand:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GS414BPlus--hercules-stands-gs414b-plus-hanging-guitar-stand-with-auto-grip-system

Solid construction and next to impossible to tip the guitar over when hung.

5 Likes

You evidently have zero young children, and you are probably not a dog person. :laughing:

4 Likes

You saying: “It is next to impossible to tip this over.”
Children hearing: “I challenge you to do everything in your power to tip this over!”

Something among those lines? :smiley:

4 Likes

No, then it would be on the ground before you could finish your sentence.

Just deploy the stand, hang your guitar, without a word. You’ll regret it within a month, tops.

I do not want to iterate how often the phrase “NOT INDOORS!! $#%@&!!@!” has been uttered loudly in this house.

6 Likes