Oh Hilary!

How’s everyone dealing with this Tropical storm so far.

It’s almost 1pm and I’ve been lucky as the rain has not been too much to handle but I know that the worse is on the way.

I know that @Reasonably_Happy then @JustTim is on the path before it reaches me then on to @booker_t. Who else is in the SoCal.

Stay safe.

8 Likes

My granddaughter - stationed on the USS Nimitz - just left port in San Diego yesterday. My son in law and grandson flew there from North Carolina last Thursday to spend her 20th birthday with her and decided to stay a few days because of Hilary…… My son on law and grandson are avid surfers…. They are always surfing hurricane waves when they hit up and down the East Coast here….

8 Likes

Thanks, Al. Very light rain, off and on. Fingers crossed that I can get through the remaining dog breaks today, and then have a hard rain to listen to at bedtime. Take care all.

8 Likes

Stay safe and dry, everyone in SoCal and elsewhere in the storm’s path.

Stock up on supplies in case of utility outages: bottled water, canned food, matches/lighters, candles, batteries, etc.

7 Likes

Stay safe and take care all

6 Likes

Stay safe out there, everyone.

6 Likes

It’s been super mild here in La Habra, CA (about 20 minutes NE of Disneyland, right on the OC/LAC border). It started raining overnight, but that’s all it’s been… just rain. Not even hard rain. Just… rain.

Although it is uncharacteristically warm for rain.

7 Likes

The LA Times is reporting that the brunt of the storm will hit LAC this afternoon and evening.

6 Likes

Yeah warm. it’s like 77* here in West Covina and 95% humidity. It smell funky too, lol. It’s coming so beware. It would hit your before it hits me so shout out, lol.

6 Likes

I’m spending time here in the shed but it’s just not very comfortable, it’s kinda muggy. It’s weird as usually when it rain it’s very comfortable. I’m about to put on my rain overall and go wash my car it’s so warm and free water, lol.

6 Likes

Just make sure your basses don’t get washed. They wouldn’t be happy. :cloud_with_rain: :guitar:

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s all kinds of muggy here. Went to the store a short bit ago, had the car A/C on. Soon as I got out, my glasses fogged over. And all the grocery store windows? Fogged over.

5 Likes

What the hell, man, an earthquake?

4 Likes

Yeah?

Update: 5.1 near Ojai in Ventura, it’s near @booker_t did you feel this?

5 Likes

https://scedc.caltech.edu/recent/Quakes/quakes.big.html

Keep refreshing. It’s a rumbly day in Ojai.

Jus humid and rainy on and off here so far but supposed to be here in about an hour and a half. So they said(oversold).

5 Likes

Annoying place for a 5.1 but hopefully not too bad. Stay safe and watch out for falling stuff in the house.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Standing here talking to a friend and felt the back and forth wobble. No skinny redhead with freckles in sight, so choice two was correct. A long time since it lasted that long (seconds), but still light rain.

7 Likes

This is the worst part with big ones. Well the second worst, the worst are the aftershocks. 2011 was rough here.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the heavy rain is coming but the TV news is just really blowing it up and Channel 7 kept repeating that heavy rain could lead to deaths. So far it’s been a non issue aside from the unusually warm weather during the rain.

7 Likes

I know you well enough and like you even more to make the twss joke. But I at least have to point it out.

5 Likes