Ok, I need a Schecter

Even as a leftie (who knows nothing about bass pickups and electronics) the range of basses from Schecter seems huge. I was going to list the ones I like from the site, but it seems to be down at the moment. I can remember that from looks only (see: knows nothing about bass pickups and electronics) I liked the stiletto, riot, omen, and hellraiser- 5 strings only.
If I had to buy one right now I would go with the Omen for the $650 price tag and cool paint job. Any recommendations for a 5 string leftie Schecter? I’m going to use it for slap pop, and picking.

2 Likes

I love my Schecter Studio 4. Got it used on Reverb for ~$450 Looks like the Studio 5 (5 string version) comes in lefty.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/STST5LHHSN--schecter-stiletto-studio-5-left-handed-honey-satin

2 Likes

I would love to own a Schecter SLS Elite 4 Evil twin. Fishman pickups are worth it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SLSET4B--schecter-sls-evil-twin-4-satin-black

For guitars I own two Hellraisers. I would personally go one level of quality higher than the omen but I don’t know how it is for basses. Just checking sweetwater, I like the Stiletto stealth too.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/STSTH4SBK--schecter-stiletto-stealth-satin-black-4-string

2 Likes

But you know, as a lefty myself, it’s nice when you can buy a bass in something OTHER than black. So the Schecter that caught my eye was the Studio 4 that RoyB has. It’s purty! :wink:

4 Likes

Oh for sure I was just looking at the models. I really like the “bursts” from them!

1 Like

I have the purple burst and it’s :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Beauty!

What would you say are the qualities of the hellraiser compared to other guitars you play?

Lefty club :+1: :+1: :+1:
This one is flashy as well t.ly/4HTy
and left handed in 4 + 5 string!

:+1: :star_struck:

Is that a link? Didn’t work for me, even changed to bit.ly/4HTy

1 Like

It is a link, works for me. It links here:
https://www.schecterguitars.com/bass/lefties-2014-12-29/c-5-lh-gt-satin-trans-purple-detail

2 Likes

Thanks! For some reason, yours and the original link now work for me. Must’ve been “operator error” the first try. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I have to say it’s good on Schecter for offering so many southpaw choices. Much of the time guitar manufacturers either overlook them completely, or have cheap/low end offerings.

I have a Stiletto Extreme 4 (I’m a righty though…) and it’s not a bad bass at all. I have a purple C-5 GT and purple Stiletto Studio 5 on the way to me, and I don’t know if I will keep the 4 for easier slappy time or sell it…

But yeah, if you’re a lefty Schecter really seems to have you covered.

1 Like

I only have the standard 4 string models, but I’ve got a Custom 4 and an omen extreme.

They each have a different feel and sound.

If my custom 4 is an escalade decked out in leather, my omen is a 1985 k5 blazer with the top off, rolling on 31’s with a small block 400 screening under the hood.

They Will both hurt something for you, and they can but cry like a lost little girl.

The omen just plays a little dirtier. Little grittier sound and vibe from it.

1 Like

4 Likes

Love the look of that custom

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. She’s pretty as all get out for sure. Nice retro look on it, but that thing has a heart made of pure heavy metal.
I’ve only been playing for 8 months, but I wanted an upgrade from my ibanez es300 ( really great bass ) a few months ago. That one was my " I have a dream " model.

So I’m no great or even good player, but I can say for sure schecter makes a high quality bass. I don’t really think you could go wrong. They cost a little, but I’ve not regretted either of them.

1 Like

Ah, you have the “classy” Stiletto :smiley: My Stiletto Extreme 4 would probably be romping along in the mud with that Omen XD $350 on sale and a great bass.

2 Likes

That is a tough question. For me it’s mainly about the looks, type of bridge and pickups. I do think Schecter has a better QC compared to Jackson. My Jackson has a few tiny cosmetic flaws while the Schecter was perfect.

1 Like