Orange Glenn Hughes Amp - Now with Matching Bass

Don’t know what either of these are like, but from an aesthetic point of view at least, I would love this combo. Bass looks like it’s priced around $849 in Australia so guessing it’s about US $500.

I don’t have a decent amp so maybe something to look at getting one day. I really like my purple LTD guitar and my Schechter Riot 4 is purple burst.

5 Likes

The fact that it says orange but is purple would throw my ocd crazy lol. Nice setup though

5 Likes

:joy: that did occur to me and I’m sure my kids would say something. It comes in orange and black as well, but there is something about that purple. Probably wouldn’t complain with the orange Orange combination.

5 Likes

$629…pre-order.
I’d like one, but believe it or not, I have too many basses!

4 Likes

I wonder what they’re like to play. I’ve only got 2 basses, but guitars as well. I’d possibly consider selling my Squire Jazz and no issues getting rid of my Rumble 15.

3 Likes

Somebody here on the forum bought an OBass, didn’t care for it and sold it.

It was quite a while back. I’ll see if I can find the post and link it.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the bass. Good amps though tbf, used to have the 50w (only one that comes in the purple AFAIK), probably should’ve kept it, but I thought it was faulty & got a refund,
Turned out later on it was the bass at the time was faulty :man_facepalming: lol.
A little on the heavy side, but solid build quality, nice crunch from the gain, built in tuner’s handy :+1:

Have the little 25w one right now while I look for something bigger at a good price, even that isn’t too bad for a little lightweight 8" thing lol

3 Likes

I don’t know if they changed the design but not a great review from a while back. By not great, I mean he hated it :man_shrugging:

Neck dive still?

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused by this post. Is this for the 50 watt amp, or something else? Because as far as I know, the only Glenn Hughes edition is the 50 watt. I have one, and have had it for over a year. So its not a new thing. Its an amazing amp to be sure. But I think I only paid $350 USD for mine.

Their bone conduction headphones look pretty awesome. I want to get a pair.

The amp isn’t new, but I believe the signature bass was just recently announced :+1:

2 Likes

The Orange O bass is by all accounts not worth the money.

1 Like

It’s because they released the special edition bass recently. The bass looks nice by itself, but paired with the amp, I thought the combo looked great.

1 Like

Thanks Barney, I’ll watch in a few days when back from holiday. I’d like to listen to the samples but only have my phone with me.

I really want to love the Orange bass, especially the purple one.
I have picked them up at the guitar shop and seen the reviews but nothing makes me want one yet.

2 Likes

I have the Crush Bass 100, and it is a very nice combo – lovely sounds coming from it, sensible control setup and feature set. I’m assuming that 50 is rather nice as well. (I get the whole “marketing” thing of this Deep Purple thing, 50 watts, 50 years, blahblah – and at a price point that is comfortably within range of “artist fan” gear collectors. Smart.)

The purple O Bass is apparently somewhat more expensive than the ordinary orange/black ones, but has gotten more expensive pickups (by Seymour Duncan).

2 Likes

neck dive has to be a really subjective thing for people. i get that it drives a lot of people crazy, but i don’t get it? not that i own any basses that are really dive-y (i think, maybe i just don’t notice it). but i’ve seen a lot of people that balance their instrument on their knee and take there hands off of it a go “see! look at that!” :man_shrugging: i mean you do have your hand on the neck literally holding up the neck when you play? maybe i need to try playing a t-bird and see if it made me as nuts as it makes a lot of people.

1 Like

Do you usually play standing up or sitting? Sitting, it’s a nothingburger. Standing, it’s annoying.

1 Like

If you’re shifting or playing fast you want to be able to “float” your fretting hand though.

2 Likes