Other hobbies?

They’re now saying they might give us some minor freedoms once we get to 70% vaccinations. Curfew every night ,no visits from anyone including family, log in via a QR code everywhere you go, operations canceled and according to our number plates “ Victoria is the place to be “ :joy:

4 Likes

My main hobbies, besides music are:
– Hiking – working on the 48 4,000 ft mountains in NH list, doesn’t seem like much, but we have some of the worst weather in the world in our Alpine region :wink:
– Fitness – lot of functional type stuff, plyo, yoga, etc
– Fraternal organizations

8 Likes

My favourite bee joke:

4 Likes

Funny… You said you like sword and sorcery… My great uncle is the executive producer of “B” movie called “the sword and the sorcerer” had a tri blade sword that shot two of it’s blades out? Lol. Hadn’t thought about that in years.

5 Likes

What camera, lens and exposure did you use on that milky way shot?
Also, can you tell me where, when and at what time you shot it?

I would like to run it through my star charts and see if I can pull out any full constellations.

Nice shot. Wish I had a background like that to use :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Besides trying to become proficient at playing bass, my other passion for the past 14 years when I’m not working is training/coaching mixed martial arts and judo/Jiujitsu.

9 Likes

wow :astonished:

3 Likes

I use a Sony A7s for my astro shots, Tamron 15-30mm lens shot at f.2.8 for 30 seconds. Processed in Lightroom. This shot was taken at a place called Bombo Quarry just north of Bombo Beach, NSW, Australia. It was a few years back now and one of the first times I shot astro. From memory it would of been June when this was shot.

5 Likes

You know what’s killing me right now?? I bought a Paranormal on Marketplace that was about 30kms from my place yet around the corner from a very good work colleagues place. So he kindly picked it up for me and now it sits in his home office. We have no idea when we can see each other again and it is killing me not being able to get my hands on this bass :sob:

6 Likes

You sure have a gift for photography, @BK . . . :wink: Very nicely done! :open_mouth:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

I saw that movie in the theatre. I remember nothing about it but the tri blade sword shooting it’s blades. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s bullsh*t ! It’s things like that which just seem like a punishment rather than a justifiable means of virus control. I mean realistically you could have driven to collect it, had a contactless collection and it would have been a lessened chance of exposure than having a delivery man rock up on your doorstep

4 Likes

@BK , i would just go and pick it up, what are they gunna do??. you can drive a furniture truck down from Sydney or know your a positive and have to isolate and still dont do it, but the government say’s we dont want to fine them cuz we want people to do the right thing and come forward etc etc
you my friend are like all of us law abiding citizens that always do the right thing and still get the shaft.
Im over it and if it were me i would just go and pick my stuff up.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Having originally made my hobby into my career I’ve had a good deal of fun spending insane amounts of other people’s money on large scale audio systems. The reciprocal home hobby is getting the best audio system for as little money as possible. My wife enjoys watching movies, so we have an Atmos viewing room made from old studio monitors found on eBay.

I’ve noticed in addition to the precision timing on the bass I have an affinity for other precision gear, particularly optics. Around here knives are sharpened and polished on several stages of whetstone. The binoculars and telescope are sharp as well. The wife is also enchanted with planets and star clusters.

The not-sharp weapon is the Iaido for Samurai sword practice. We are lucky enough to have a lineage trained sensei offering practice in the local community park recreation system for almost free. Unreal. Kill Bill gets watched quite a bit here.

I’ve been reviving some of the magic practice recently. The workbench has two HAM radio antenna projects half constructed on it.

I tend to collect transportation based trainings, certifications and licenses including kayaking, motorcycle riding, scuba diving and flying. None of those I am able to do any longer.

7 Likes

Ahh yeah that was my thing for a while too (but razors, not knives). Ended up with a nice JNAT (obviously :slight_smile: )

Still have a couple synthetics around for the kitchen knives. Even 1000 grit does a nice fast job.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I can’t condone that @TNKA36 . What would Dan say in between patting himself on the back for a job well done and interfering with underage girls :joy:

4 Likes

He would probably say it was the chief health officer who has made the decisions.
Or blame the federal government for not providing the support, he would never accept that he has the final say at the end of the day, he wants to protect his voter base??

2 Likes

It’s about time he had another “fall” down some stairs :joy:

3 Likes

What’s with you Aussies?
You don’t do like we do here, claim civil rights and do whatever the heck you feel like?
Wow, you guys are nuts! :crazy_face:

4 Likes