Pam and John's "How To Record Yourself" Parts 1 & 2 (Audio & Video)

Yes, that would be great. There are so many options for doing all this it would be interesting to see where it fits in with how you, specifically, put all the pieces together.

2 Likes

I just wanted to reiterate my thanks to @PamPurrs and @John_E for putting their presentation together.

Recording myself and listening back has made it much easier for me to determine which areas I need to work on and refine.
I’m noticing flaws in the recordings that I wouldn’t have noticed whilst playing.

It’s proving to be an invaluable learning tool.
Maybe something worth adding to a future course chapter or video @JoshFossgreen.

6 Likes

Thanks @HowlinDawg ! Glad it helps.
Video syncing coming soon!!

2 Likes

Announcing…

Pam and John’s “How To Record Yourself” Zoom - Part 2 - Video - January 16th - 21:00 UTC (4pm Eastern Standard Time if you want to do the math from there)

Zoom Link

We had a ‘working agenda’ but want your input into what you would like to see, so please let us know what you want to see (this will be time dependent if getting into more complex stuff, etc, but we will try).

Here is a working course outline, please add…

1. Taking Video - phones or webcam/gopro
  2. Capturing ‘ambient’ audio (for syncing)
  3. Video editing software options
  4. Bringing your video and audio together in editor (two platforms, Resolve & iMovie?)
  5. Syncing video and audio (auto-sync and 'by waveform)
  6. Removing the ‘bad’ audio, replacing with ‘good’ audio
  7. Adding simple titles and transitions
  8. Exporting your finished video
  9. Uploading to YouTube / Vimeo
6 Likes

That’s one I definitely want to attend

2 Likes

Last call for suggestions of things you would like to see in this course, as Pam and I need to prep.

Please let us know if there is anything you would like to see, not like to see, etc.

Going once, going twice…

8 Likes

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy.
Already marked on my calendar.
I’m sure there is more than me looking forward to this.

Thank You @John_E and @PamPurrs for all of your efforts in this endeavor.

6 Likes

I would love to be on this Zoom, but the grandkids will be out here in Hawaii that weekend and I’ll be spending the time with them. I really wanted to be part of this one. Oh well, I’ll just watch the rerun. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Um… I just realized, we’re having this tutorial right in the middle of the NFL playoffs. The Cowboys vs 49ers game is at 2:30 my time (4:30 Eastern), and I’m a HUGE Cowboys fan. I don’t mind missing the first half, but I have to wonder how it will affect our attendance. What do you think about moving it up to 2000 UTC @John_E .

2 Likes

DONE

Note hour earlier start.

4 Likes

Thank you @John_E !

Everyone, I hope to see a good turnout. @John_E and I have been working on a spectacular (I hope) presentation which should be of benefit to anyone interested in recording cover videos.

5 Likes

Oh, I would certainly choose your video over NFL. I can’t stand football. Now, if it were Stanley Cup or World Series, forget about it.

2 Likes

Reminder - the live version of this will be Sunday at 20:00 UTC (3:00pm eastern) - you have to do the maths from there.

We will be recording and posting on Vimeo after but would love people to attend live and ask questions.

I can tell you I have already learned a few tips and tricks from Pam in the course materials she is putting together!

3 Likes

Awesome, I look forward to seeing you there @T_dub

3 Likes

Look forward to the recording.

Sundays are tough for me to make, but I’ll be there in spirit.

3 Likes

Look forward to the recording as well… Appreciate you guys putting this together!

3 Likes

NEW DATE JANUARY 30th

Pam and John’s “How To Record Yourself” Zoom - Part 2 - Video - January 30th - 20:00 UTC (3pm Eastern Standard Time if you want to do the math from there)

Zoom Link

All- so sorry but work calls this weekend so we have to move this out.

NEW DATE JANUARY 30th

8 Likes

@John_E that gives us two additional weeks to make the presentation even BETTER!

7 Likes

I won’t be able to make the live event but I’ll definitely catch the recording. Missing a playoffs football game at my household is grounds for the doghouse! :laughing: Not to mention that Sunday is Conference Championship games.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m planning to have the game on in the background with the audio muted. We should be finished in time to catch the second half of the first playoff game, and the entirety of the second game.

2 Likes