Pie....? Or cake!?

Vegan Chocolate Tofu Cake

6 Likes

If I am ever blessed again with the gift of being able to eat, AND if I decide to become a vegan, perhaps I might try those vegan pies.

5 Likes

:couple_with_heart_woman_man:

4 Likes

Chocolate Caramel Tarte

I made this to learn to make caramel and ganache. It was great with cream, but reeeally sweet if you eat too much of it. And it has uncountable calories. :grin:

Here’s the birthday cake I made for my sister, it was a three (internal) layer buttercream dream. You have to imagine the candles, it was :fire:

Cheers
Antonio :birthday: :cupcake: :cake:

11 Likes

Man, those look great. Kudos for your Baking Fu.

6 Likes

Thank you! :grin: It took a lot of practice to get things right.

5 Likes

Chocolate soufflé for me if I’m at home. It’s quick and easy and the kids love them.

After you made enough mistakes the god of baking would grant you with a beautiful delectable decadents. Lol.

8 Likes

Kind of depends on the options available. And let’s not forget cheesecake. Or is that more of a pie?

4 Likes

I’d guess it’s cake, if only by virtue of having “cake” in its name. But I honestly don’t know.

4 Likes

In history of baking pie and cake are interchangeable terms. Which is why you get cheesecake and Boston cream pie

4 Likes

I’ll be the outlier here- I’m all about that strawberry rhubarb, baby!

5 Likes

Cake is the way :
“For goodness sake, look at those cakes.” - James Brown

4 Likes

Can’t believe no one has done this yet.

4 Likes

Double the reason pie wins in my book. :grin:

3 Likes

How about muffins ? :yum:

4 Likes

Both the word pie and cake popped up in the English language around the 13th century, according to Merriam-Webster.com

Pie seems to often go along with pastry, however, the evidence for that is a bit flakey. The circle of pi lovers is also divided unevenly, as to whether or how one should include Pizza (which even some Italians would consider in a pinch).

Cake seems to have sweetness as a requirement, however, I would like to remind you of pancakes with a side of bacon or salmon which seem to swim against that stream of thought. The word cookie (Dutch koekje) directly derives from the word koek which means cake. “Was für eine Cake,” Germans usually exclaim when the origin-word “Kuchen” is left to smolder in the ruins of the once sweet relationship with the Nederlands.

Still, the Dutch have legalized baking quite recently and Germans agree that any dispute of the origin of pie, cake, koek, or Kuchen is smoke under the bridge. Or on the water.

:innocent:

6 Likes

Not really, lots of salty goodness to bake :yum:
Here’s just an example:

2 Likes

Since this is a music forum and not a baking forum…
https://youtu.be/PRpiBpDy7MQ

5 Likes

Well, it’s the Lounge, one shouldn’t hang around hungry :wink:

4 Likes

But we have tofu! :smiley_cat:

5 Likes