Pinky finger

Do they do one for the right hand? :wink:

That’s great Mark, thank you

4 Likes

@lee.bramham: I can’t choose between two possible answers.

1. Nope. Just flip your bass over, you southpaw you. :laughing:
  2. Yes, it’s called a bass guitar. I seem to remember seeing that you may have one or two. :stuck_out_tongue:
3 Likes

FYI- the magnifying glass does not show up using my iPhone unless I turn my phone to landscape mode. You may know this but it took me a little while to figure it out.

4 Likes

Hi Lee and welcome. I posted on this topic not that long ago and my pinky is so much stronger already. And it is even cooperating with the other fingers and not flying around as I run (crawl) through scales. I practice every day and it has helped a lot.

So hang in there. It does get better! Best wishes to you!!!

6 Likes

Hey Lee, I sure do! Just type @ and my name like this @JoshFossgreen otherwise I might miss your question.

And my pinky is only 2 and 7/8", for the record. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wait, @JoshFossgreen, we might be from the same planet of creatures with alien spider fingers. I never felt the need to measure my pinky prior to now, but I came out with the same 2 and 7/8". This should warm the hearts of everyone else in this discussion, as anyone who has heard me play would not equate pinky length with playing ability. A clam is a clam, no longer how long the finger that is responsible for it.

5 Likes

That is only 0.2" shorter than my middle finger. In fact, it is almost exactly the same as my index and ring finger!
:cry:

3 Likes

Now you lot have gotten me measuring my pinky LOL

I measured from the crease to the tip and mine is 2 9/16

2 Likes

noooooooooo
there is no god i am doomed
anyone wants to buy some basses?

3 Likes

Hi @JoshFossgreen,
I like everyone else just measured mine and it is just over 2 1/2 inches from the crease.
I must have frog hands :joy::joy:
But I can reach across the first 4 frets so it is achievable with stumps :joy::joy::joy::joy:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi @howard,
Mines the same size.
Cheers brian

1 Like

Zing!

Heard you have a Cort Action PJ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I mean…

2 Likes

This is complicated… My pinky is set back about 3/8" back from the ring finger. It measures 2-3/8" from the inside crease next to my ring finger and 2-1/2" from the outboard crease. So, I really don’t know how I compare to this group of aspiring bassists!

Yeah, I must admit I have the pinky blues too, but I just committed to exercising the pinky specifically per Josh’s excellent video here:

Ken T.

5 Likes

Allllrrright; measuring body parts! Giggity Giggity. Lol

My pinky is 2 3/4 but I have small hands for my size (6’7”). I can barely do the one finger per fret when doing a C Major scale for example. I actually have to micro shift.

2 Likes

All right… this thread has really degenerated quickly! Since we are all measuring appendages, while at work today I got out the measuring tape and checked… three inches from palm to tip.

2 Likes

My pinky is 5.4 cm long, or about 2 1/8". And none of my fingers is as long as @JoshFossgreen’s pinky!

5 Likes

You would have to visit Josh’s home planet to find other beings with fingers that long. :smile_cat:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::scream:

3 Likes

No worries there. I can only one finger per fret without shifting if I am above the fifth fret and even then I have to shift a little on the E string. Nothing wrong with shifting at all.

6 Likes