Playing with a glove (or two gloves)!?!

I am sold, ordering now.
Well
As soon as I find a measuring scale :joy:

3 Likes

You forgot one of the most obvious benefits @Jamietashi.

You get to get in character.
You get to look like MJ when playing ( or practicing) BJ

4 Likes

Since they do not work as oven mitts even this is still possible in character:

4 Likes

I hope that you find it helps like it has for me. My brain cant keep up with my fingers :rofl:
I took the day off has my head blew up just like Josh warned :rofl:
:guitar:

4 Likes

Have my glove now. I have no5 played yet, I can’t getoff this forum, darn you fun and interesting people you!!!

But, I have been wearing it, holding my IPad up while typing, and it has full sensation, and I. Have no pain.
Usually, 5 min it starts losing sensation, by 10 min it’s numb and throbbing in pain.
this may be a lifesaver for me, and allow me to play much much longer, without loss of sensation in my fretting fingers, tge whole hand really, and unbearable pain. I have high hopes now.
So Off to practice now, will update later.

No really, two more posts and I am off the forum, for a while, I promise…
I hope…

7 Likes

Hope they work out for you, @T_dub!!

7 Likes

Thanks.

5 Likes

@T_dub any relief is a bonus. Enjoy your longer playing time :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That looks like the brand I use - albeit I have to have the ones with the green band (small) unfortunately!

I like them too, just wish they were cheaper.

4 Likes

Yeah, I still play with it off and on. I like to play without it, get as much playing with it off, then switch to it on as a sort of instant pain reliever. Once I switch it helps immediately.

Why I don’t just start with it? It is NOT because I don’t like wearing it. It is more to strengthen and build endurance in my hand. I feel that playing with it on all the time is sort of a crutch, and I do not want to be tied to the glove if I don’t have to be.
I would hate to bring my stuff to a friends house to jam, realize I don’t have my glove and say, “sorry, can’t jam, I didn’t bring my glove”

4 Likes

Has anyone tried the musician glove to see if it helps with arthritis?

4 Likes

Yes, I do get relief from arthritic pain

4 Likes

Hm, I never thought about that possible side effect, @T_dub and @eric.kiser. My joint pains seem to wax and wane with the lunar cycle, the weather, and, potentially, the stock market… who knows :rofl:

I will try and pay attention to this…

I concur about the sentiment that the glove could be viewed as a crutch… but so what if this makes playing more fun, more enjoyable, or actually possible in the first place!?!

6 Likes

Yes, I don’t beleive it is a crutch if needed, I am only saying, in my case, I beleive I can build strength and endurance to the point I won’t need the glove, or need it as much. I don’t beleive this is always the case, and that others will in fact need the benefits of the glove to play.

5 Likes

Now you’ve got me interested :thinking:
I’ve been unfortunate to have smashed my hands up a few times over the year and have arthritis in both and a plate in my right wrist.
Usually I don’t really feel anything out of the usual when playing but today I attempted “ Bring your daughter to the slaughter” by Iron Maiden and really suffered pain in my fingers from the fast chugging.
I wonder if a glove would help?

4 Likes

Give it a try!

Most of us who use gloves (occasionally/sometimes/all the times), use them on the fretting hand, but some players, like Etienne Mbappe, also use them on their plucking hand. If you get the Musician’s glove from Amazon, they can be worn on either hand.

6 Likes

I might just do that.:+1:

5 Likes

I have the musicians gloves from Amazon that @joergkutter mentioned and can attest that they are nice and soft, comfortable, and can be worn on either hand.
I wear one on my plucking hand occasionally when the nails on my index and middle finger grow beyond the fingertips and start making weird noises on the strings. I hate that I have to keep those nails trimmed down to the nubs, and the glove helps.

As far as gloves being considered a “crutch”, call it what you want, but if a crutch helps a person with a bum leg enjoy life, so be it. If a crutch in the form of a musicians glove gives someone a chance to play music when they would otherwise be prohibited, so be it.

8 Likes
4 Likes

:arrow_up: This.

4 Likes