Post your Christmas covers

Thanks @Al1885 !

2 Likes

Nice playing Jerry. Brought a smile to this scrooge’s face. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @Vince !

1 Like

Great to see you embracing your softer side here @JerryP, and with the Ho Ho Hofner behind you :slight_smile:

Another great cover. I’d better get my skates on with my Christmas effort …

2 Likes

Thanks Ed!

2 Likes

I’m getting my Christmas covers in early this year !

I was going to do the Lemmy version but I thought I’d stick with the original because it’s just better :slight_smile: . The weapon of choice was the Höfner: no effects, boxes or sims, although I did add some compression afterwards.

Easy song to learn and great fun to play :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XrS7BVkYN8

11 Likes

Very nice @Ed

2 Likes

Thanking you :grin:

1 Like

Nice one @Ed ! I haven’t heard that in years! Thanks and Happy Christmas to you as well.
:+1:

2 Likes

Excellent @Ed - a couple Lemmy fills wouldn’t have hurt the tune, lol.

3 Likes

Thanks - We’re always playing the golden oldies here on radio Ed :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks @John_E ! I was actually going to try the cover by Lemmy, Billy Gibbons and John 5 but the bassline was really boring. I kind of tried to figure out something between the two covers but in the end I just thought I’d stick with the original… I suppose I could have done with some more speed and overdrive though… :wink:

4 Likes

When I think about my childhood, and Christmas, this is the song that defines it.
Growing up in the late '70s, this song played all season long on my parents 8-track player in the family room. Any time I hear it I am transported back there…sights, sounds, smells and tastes of food and treats.

Thank you @Ed for using your Hofner, gave me the closest thing I could find to an upright sound, which was on the orginal recording.

This tune is in 12/8 and the speed tempo changes a few times in the song, making this deceptively simple tune a bit more challenging than I though, having to nail the timing to get it to sound right (missed a few I am sure).

https://youtu.be/KDnC53fPODQ

12 Likes

Very nice! :grinning:

2 Likes

I think most of GenX is classically conditioned to be happy when they hear this regardless of the rest of their day. It instantly makes me think of '80s RomComs :rofl:

Nice work!

4 Likes

Very, very nice @John_E ! Good choice on the Hofner. I’d have to venture a guess that The Christmas Song is the second most covered holiday song next to White Christmas.
:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Merry Christmas ya all!

6 Likes

Great job @John_E - I’m now feeling the Christmas sprit :slight_smile:

That is a gorgeous Hofner. And with the McCartney strap tie! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Good job @John_E ! Thanks for contributing.

1 Like

Well my fellow Buzzers, it doesn’t appear that I’ll recover from my laryngectomy in time to do a Christmas cover this year. Instead, I’m reposting the one I did last year when the cancer was just beginning to unleash it’s evil upon me.
Merry Christmas

14 Likes