Post your Christmas covers

I just realized you are unable to post links initially when you have just joined the forum. That’s probably what happened here. Anyway, glad it’s working now!

2 Likes

NICE work and glad you are here @haleyshevener
A live Christmas cover, so cool and great job!

Feel free to head over here and introduce yourself.

3 Likes

Very nice job @haleyshevener ! Feliz Navidad to you and yours!

3 Likes

Awesome job @haleyshevener . I enjoyed listening to it. Welcome to the forum. Please go to the “Introduce yourself” thread and tell us about yourself.

4 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: Plus extra Josh Bass Face - a gift in itself :christmas_tree: :metal:

5 Likes

Awesome! Also like the red and green basses adding to the holiday decor. :smiley:

5 Likes

Fab! Extra points for the hat :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: - starry eyed for all three of you :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you!
I couldn’t find the hat for the second Christmas video. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Erm, extra points for dedication! Love this song :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Snuck another one in.
Fairly easy melody, but in 6/8 time with lots of syncopated rests made it a bit tricky at first.

11 Likes

Very nice @John_E . I see you got the Movavi screen capture app I told you about. Nice job on the video and great bass playing.
But you’re still not wearing your Santa hat!!! :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Thanks @PamPurrs
The only Santa hats we have here are over 3 feet tall and they don’t fit in my room with the low ceilings even sitting down!

3 Likes

Great job @John_E ! Nice video to start the day.
:+1:

3 Likes

Geeat cover @John_E… spot on timing and a nice tone. Great editing on your part too​:+1::+1:

I’m not a fan of the song as produced, not a fan of John and Yoko, and not a fan of the bass line as originally played or recorded…. Kinda lacking in structure, and needing a more defined groove. But then again, it’s suppose to be a Christmas song so whadda I know…:rofl::rofl:

Would be a really cool project song though - just use the choir, an acoustic guitar,…. then create a more melodic bass line. :thinking::thinking:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Thanks Lanny.
Funny, I thought the bassline was kinda sucky too, but easy so figured what the heck.
When you play it in isolation, it is kinda like a ‘country waltz’ which, well, ain’t no good in general, but with the song it does work.
I did like the timing challenge of it as the rest and note lengths vary slightly and I thought at least I would learn something in the timing of the tune.

I like the idea of using it as a rewrite project for sure.
I originally downloaded the version without the choir - eeesh - there is a reason no one ever plays that one…

5 Likes

Wow, this is awesome. I enjoy all of the festive songs so far. Love the holidays spirit guys. @PamPurrs your is just awesome. That takes some planning and post as well.

All of these make me want to do some covers too, lol.

3 Likes

Thank you @Al1885

2 Likes

Nice contribution John @John_E ,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes