Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks Terb. I had to practice both these two songs for tens of hours.

6 Likes

Thanks Jerry!

6 Likes

Hi Bass buzz Family,

Please click on the link below to view my cover of another song from Concrete Blonde song I decided to do.
Taken from the 1992 Walking In London Album, “Why don’t you see me” has a great bass line that starts of very mellow before exploding along with Johnette’s angry emotional vocals.
I recorded this song at the same time I recorded the Cyndi Boste song “Don’t go there” but had some difficulties with the production due to a glitch in iMovie when finishing it off.
Thanks need to go to Bill @Lanny for the final production on this video :grinning:
As usual, all feedback is appreciated.
Thank you and enjoy.
Keep on Rocking.
Cheers Brian.

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/16/why-dont-you-see-me/

10 Likes

Hey brother ,we’re getting a little fancy with these on screen graphics and stuff aren’t we? :joy:
Sounds really nice. Like the tone of the black beasty :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac,
It’s a great bass line, Bill did the graphics on this video👍
Glad you liked it😎
Concrete Blonde had never really had the mainstream success of other bands, they have a lot of really good songs👍
Johnette plays a genuine Stingray :+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Another great cover, Brian @TNKA36. That video presentation has given me some Ideas for my next cover. Good job as usual!

8 Likes

Thanks Jerry,
Bill @Lanny did the video production on this one👍
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

nice one again @TNKA36 ! if you want a constructive criticism : I noticed a few early attacks during the first part.

otherwise the focused bass tone in the low-miss works well for such a composition, that’s a good choice. maybe a Rick with the bridge pickup only would have worked well too !

6 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @terb,
Got me thinking now🤔
I may have to do it again with “Ricky”:sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hello @sathya. Just gave your two covers a listen. Nice tone and timing! Don’t see too many 5 strings being played here on the “Covers” thread so was a nice change!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

Thanks Lanny. I did not require the 5-string bass for the second cover (Indian song) but was very useful for the first one - The Unforgiven 3. I could have managed with a drop-D bass also but with the 5-string BEADG, the movement of the fretting finger was easier along with the required slur.
(My 4-string bass is defective and till it gets fixed I have to use the 5-string one)

6 Likes

Yup, another great cover @TNKA36… I agree with @terb in that the Ricky might do well for this song. Might be a great comparison experiment to try…!!:smiley::smiley:

When syncing the audio to the video you sent, I did have a bit of a struggle finding that “Happy Medium” so that they both tied together well. When I put this video together, I learned that it can be a bit difficult to sync someone else’s audio and video together. Your attack is much more relaxed than mine and as such I kept watching for that “Precise” moment to tie the string tone to the finger action on the string, and after several failed attempts, realized that your plucking technique is much less aggressive than mine. As such, I had to sync the audio just a couple ms behind the point I normally sync my recordings to when putting the two together.

All in all though, a really cool cover Brian, and your relaxed style of playing still proves to be your signature trademark…!!:smile::smile:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

@sathya - I enjoy using drop D tuning, and @terb uses it quite frequently at times. I don’t play 5 string, but I do enjoy playing my BEAD tuned 4 string at times…

Oh, and Welcome to one of the BEST threads on the forum!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

8 Likes

Nice one Brian, once again solid.
You need to get a Ray if you are gonna keep doing the CB songs.

5 Likes

Thanks for the positive feedback Bill @Lanny,
And I think I will do it again with “Ricky” and see how that goes.:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hey Toby @T_dub,
I have been looking around for a vintage “RAY” must be “made in America”
And if I find one that I like here, you will be the first to know👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi guys,

Created another cover - am sure most or all of you would have listened to this Oldie many times. Though overall it has come out OK in my opinion, I feel that in the verse there is something that is not quite meshing with the song. Critiques welcome!

https://youtu.be/5tJYwl1PB5s

8 Likes

Another nice cover @sathya,
Good production with the inclusion of the slides👍
Nice tone :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

nice cover again @sathya ! I don’t see the problem with the verses

5 Likes

Thanks, glad that there are no mistakes (at least discernible ones)!

6 Likes