Post your covers! (2019-2022)

This TOTALLY caught my eye, and I didn’t know it existed, and I wanted it.
So, for anyone else interested- here’s that link!

Thanks for the heads up on this!

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/fvM5GGbh2CQ

I’m hoping this might work. If its does please skip to around 1 minute in as I stuffed that up :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

As I posted a zillion posts back this is a copy of The Scorpions “Wind of Change” played on my new baby,the Squier Mustang through the Zoom B1four (AMPG set) and its a one time through no edit “live” performance

5 Likes

It doesn’t work @Mac
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice job mac!( like you said fwd to 1 minute)

4 Likes

Works ok from 1.00 minute
Sounds awesome, great cover👍
Great song
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job @Mac! The tone sounded great for that song.

4 Likes

I got it to play after a minute. Good job.

5 Likes

congrats @Mac , that’s a nice thing you made to trick Youtube :face_with_hand_over_mouth: also nice cover !

7 Likes

Thank you @russki98 @TNKA36 @PamPurrs @terb @JerryP

Yes I was a little naughty with YouTube @terb :joy: hopefully it will stay up on there :thinking:

6 Likes

@Mac brilliant cover really sounded great. Awesome tone.

Jamie

5 Likes

Thanks Jamie :+1:

2 Likes

Tyler Childers - Whitehouse Road

I’m not a big fan of the studio version of this song, but luckily there are a ton of very different live versions. I love this minimal one, recorded at the OurVinyl Sessions. There is only a guitar on the original record, so I added a bass line, greatly inspired by the upright line played on another live record.

Sound-wise it’s my “standard” Americana tone, with the Ampeg SVT-VR model on the Bass POD Pro set to a limit just after the “pure clean” tone, in the “just a little bit dirty if I’m heavy on the attacks” zone. The difference with my previous covers is that I didn’t use the DOD FX84, it’s Greenie directly into the Bass POD Pro. the compression comes only from the LA-2A model on the POD, the foam block and a very subtle studio compression during the production phase.

This song was not easy to mix because of the problem I have with my monitors. I hope it sounds good enough, at this point I can’t be sure.

13 Likes

Very nice @terb Laurent… Laid back style with a great tone from Greenie… Love the bass line and how it plays into the mood of the song. Thought the production was great, and the mix sounded quite well.

8 Likes

Nice tone and very smooth Laurent @terb,
Enjoyed the layed back Style, very easy to listen to😎
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Nice

7 Likes

Really nice @terb Laurent. I was a bit stressed coming back from work but that song mellowed me back to sanity. Thanks!

7 Likes

Nice job as always @terb :+1:

7 Likes

Very nice. Well played.

7 Likes

Wow you are really going down the Dark Country path!

Greenie had amazing tone as always. I really like the mixing you did here, it fit very well in the mix, no need to worry about it. If anything you could have mixed it a little louder but it’s just about perfect.

7 Likes