Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great cover @sfadams, perfect time for this tune as well

4 Likes

Merry Christmas everybody.

https://youtu.be/okxt_K7Kbmo

17 Likes

Yay Warwick :slight_smile:

Well played, nice work using the pinky there. Looks like you have a solid finger spread going.

5 Likes

right on time @sfadams !
:santa:

6 Likes

Very well done @sfadams :clap:

3 Likes

Nice job @bjams👍
Merry Christmas :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice fret work @sfadams,:+1:
Merry Christmas,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Very nice @sfadams!
Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Wow @TNKA36 … That bass has a fat sound! I listened to that at 1am and had to quickly kill my sub or the whole family would have woken up and kicked my arse!! Very nice Brian.

5 Likes

Very solid performance @sfadams. Great job.

4 Likes

OK !

Redeye Caravan - Banshee

Redeye Caravan is a greek band and this song is from their last album, Nostrum Remedium, released in January 2020. A few songs are interesing in a dark country perspective but I like especially this one, with its very warm and organic vocal line. That said, the original bass line is not interesting at all, very flat. So, I replaced it entirely by mine, and hopefully it sounds more lively but still in a pure dark country flavor.

Greenie in EADG, with the country-foam-block, plugged straight into the Bass POD Pro.

12 Likes

Great song! I like it and great playing. I don’t know what the original bass line was, but yours seems to fit perfectly.

6 Likes

Greenie’s tone was perfect for that song.

Very nice rolling bassline, perfect and subtle, supporting. Nice work.

Also perfect hat for the song :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Another one by New Order, with my bestie on guitar and me getting my Hooky on. Our cover of Temptation, one of their best songs, and one with a lot of personal meaning for me.

Only my second try at vocals - still terrified by them :slight_smile:

Bass: Yamaha TRBX604FM
Synth: Kilohearts Phase Plant
Guitar: Gretsch 5120
Drums: Steven Slate Drums SSD-5
Mic: Shure PGA-58
Backup “oohs” vocals: Synthesizer V (Eleanor Forte Lite version)
Plugins: many

Tracked and mixed in Reaper.

https://youtu.be/0DIm19t7CvY

14 Likes

@howard your covers are so incredibly innovative, and your singing voice is superb. I enjoyed listening to this very much.

7 Likes

@terb you keep raising the bar for covers. Thank you for making me work harder at improving my technique.

I enjoyed this very much!

7 Likes

@terb great cover! i like that song a lot, and your playing and tone were perfect

@howard excellent job! you’re basically a 1-man band at this point :+1:

7 Likes

@howard
Excellent cover!! I really enjoyed it.

6 Likes

Thank you all so much, really appreciate it :blush:

It’s been a lot of fun working on these with my friend. He’s basically single-handedly kept our band alive since college. Love his guitar work in this one, especially the ending.

@PamPurrs - That was so kind of a comment, thank you. There’s a lot of post-production software helping my voice there :slight_smile:

However I do feel like I am getting more comfortable with it. The reason Melodyne works well with it is my voice is not too far off in those takes. But I am still naturally singing about a half semitone flat, and with a lot of variance. Something to work on over time :slight_smile:

Vocals are humbling. At least for me. I can’t imagine doing them live - I never sang in gigs at all.

8 Likes

But at least you’re taking the bull by the horns and nailing it.
I have always mimed since school days after my voice broke. Even in the crowds at concerts when no one hear you :joy:

5 Likes