Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Greetings from solitary confinement.
Here is quarantine cover #2. An oldie but a goodie.

17 Likes

again a great cover @JerryP ! and I love the song choice, itā€™s a very great song.

here again on this old record and mix, I find that your Traveler Bass fits perfectly well. it reminds me the tone of an old P, warm and a bit muted and blurry.

3 Likes

Hi Jerry @JerryP,
another nice job, liking the tone and you are looking very relaxed getting around the fretboard. :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Ah . . . more ā€˜oldies but goodiesā€™ from the 60ā€™s

Well played, @JerryP . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Thank you @terb, @TNKA36 & @Jazzbass19 Laurent, Brian & Joe. I appreciate and value your comments and encouragement.
I have another video in the can, but due to Vimeoā€™s restrictions on the ā€œfreeā€ plan, Iā€™m limited to one a week. Iā€™m working on another song that the Traveler sounds good on and since Iā€™m stuck here for another five days, I should get that one done as well.
Thanks again gentlemen!

5 Likes

Nice job on a great classic @JerryP. I listened to it in the car while driving home and it sounds splendid on my car stereo.
Youā€™re really cranking out some great stuff.

4 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs Pam!

4 Likes

Another great one @JerryP, good job.
Making the most of that quarantine :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

We have just gone into another lockdown here Toby, @T_dub.
F@&$@@ up my weekend, itā€™s only for 5 days at this stage.
I might get time to do a cover nowšŸ‘
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nice job @JerryP!!

That is a crazy looking bass, Iā€™ve never seen one like that before.

5 Likes

I have no lock down on ATM.
soā€¦ What is my excuse???

:rofl:

I am actually waiting for my buddy to get me the music with the bass track turned off so I can do the cover. I am waiting on about 10 songs.
I am not putting pressure on my pal to do the all at once, but that shows you I have some plans a brewing. Some bands we have not heard covered IIRC.

3 Likes

Thanks Toby! I have another cover in the can and one partially complete. Nothing else to do here all day.

3 Likes

Thanks!
Itā€™s a bass by Traveler Guitar. I travel quite a bit for work so I bought it so I could practice while on the road. Small enough to fit in an overhead compartment on planes.

4 Likes

Hi BassBuzz friends,
Please find link to my latest cover.
Itā€™s the first cover I have done using my custom 5 string.
This track is a classic from the Miami Vice Hit TV show.
As usual all feedback, good, bad and ugly is appreciated.
Enjoy
Cheers Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2021/02/15/you-belong-to-the-city/

14 Likes

Very nice, Brian @TNKA36 . . . :slight_smile:

Miami Vice was one of my favs from the 80ā€™s too!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Nice, I that is a fun one to play.
You were in the groove. nice tone.
How does that one compare to the Stingray 5 string? It has a nice fat sound.
Good Job.

4 Likes

Pretty nice, Brian!! Did you drive a synth bass pedal along with the real bass? It sounds as if there is a synth bass underneathā€¦ (Given the time period this is from, a synth bass would make a lot of sense to me :wink:)
One of the riffs has a real ā€œBillie Jeanā€ quality to it - nicely done!! So hard not to rush or drag thereā€¦

Iā€™ll also take the opportunity to apologize to the many recently posted covers here (@terb, @PamPurrs, @JerryP, @Vegaswizzle, ā€¦) - I am obviously not keeping up with you all at all, but that should in no way be seen as a ā€œnegativeā€ comment on all of your great efforts with those covers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Yeah itā€™s been hard to keep up!

Nice work as usual Brian. Especially on that pinky shift there - Iā€™d have probably rolled it and the way you played it was much more effective.

5 Likes

@T_dub if you want, I can help you out. I have RX8 and donā€™t mind helping my friends.

4 Likes

Very nice. The main riff in the verses kind of reminded me of a pitch-shifted version of Billie Jean.

Edit: Ah. Just read @joergkutter who made the same observation. Great minds think alike. :grin:

5 Likes