Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thank you @TNKA36 Brian.

4 Likes

@PamPurrs Great job Pam! Tina W would surely approve!
Every video of yours I watch, Iā€™m admiringly jealous of your always very relaxed fretting hand: fingers nicely close together, parallel to the frets, with micro-shifts to cover any distances (whereas I tend to stretch my hand, especially my pinky finger, like crazy). Well done and keep 'em coming!

6 Likes

Thank you @sfadams :smile_cat:

5 Likes

This was great, good job on the cover! I always assumed that the violin bass from hohner sounded like it does in The Beatles but today I heard it sound pretty deep & boomy. :+1:

4 Likes

Great cover Pam! Always loved that song, huge Tina Weymouth fan too.

Iā€™ve been meaning to ask - was there a reason you chose to keep the Hofner and not the Ibanez? The Artcore looks like a great bass.

6 Likes

Thank you @BersistšŸ˜Š

5 Likes

Iā€™m so glad you asked @howard. Iā€™ve been wanting to talk about this.
Actually the Artcore IS a great bass, butā€¦
My intention was to do Psycho Killer on the Ibanez, but I just couldnā€™t play it. I tried and tried and tried, but failed time and time again. I was ready to give up on that cover.
Then one day, in frustration I picked up the Hofner and just nailed it. BOOM.
Iā€™ve concluded that the HUGE body of a hollow body makes it very hard for me to jump from the E string to the D string rapidly as this song requires. The hollow body is just too fat and wide for me.
My Sweetwater rep was kind enough to let me return it, even though I was slightly past the 30 day window

9 Likes

Ergonomics is definitely a great reason to make that choice for sure!

6 Likes

Fan Fā€™n Tastic.
That was great. I love that you played such an iconic bass line, but made it your own.
I believe the pick and tone selected, really changed the song for the better. It seemed to make sense for such a dark sadistic song, to have a strong deep bass line.
It was my belieif that it was played with fingers, but again, youā€™re picking gave it a certain edge that is not on the original and I loved it.

Having learned this song and played this song thru a few times myself, I can see how the outro is probably much easier to pick than finger, but I canā€™t be sure because I have not tried it YET. I am now interested to see how it sounds if I play with a pick.

Another great job, and I think this is my favorite cover you have done. You have done Tina Weymouth justice.

6 Likes

What Ibanez @PamPurrs ? Did I somehow miss a Bass purchase whit all my trips in and out of institutions?

Edit: Wait, is it the semi hallow body?

5 Likes

Thank you for your comments Toby @T_dub :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Itā€™s this Toby

5 Likes

I remember now. For some reason I thought you got that in a 4 string, but I see you are keeping a 5 string around, Nice.

5 Likes

It is a 4 string. I sold the the 5 string yammie BB735

5 Likes

Oh, ok, I got confused by the picture, but I see it is a catalog picture. I bet she plays and sounds great.

5 Likes

She was a nice bass for the short time I had her. The body is just too huge and thick for me.

6 Likes

Wow, I was just re-reading that thread. That was before I got off those meds. I canā€™t believe how bad they affect my memory, I had totally forgotten about that thread and your purchase.

6 Likes

Nice job @PamPurrs, you have really light touch.
:+1:

6 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Great job @PamPurrs ,from your playing to the video it was top class all the way

6 Likes