Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks! Good idea.

4 Likes

Working on two more covers for over here, both with sax parts too, taking longer so I can find the optimal setup to record sax.

Then more delays to learn how to work with two camera sources at the same time in Davinci.
Lots of learninā€™ going on. Not enough hours in the day.

5 Likes

Great job @JerryP! Heard this song on the radio the other day for the first time in a long timeā€¦ Nicely done!

6 Likes

Davinci Resolve multi-cam function is actually pretty straightforward. Much easier than it is in Premier Pro. I can point you to a great video tutorial if you want.

7 Likes

Great cover @JerryP
Swear blind you look younger on this one :scream:
Love the look of the bass too

5 Likes

Also meant to say, great job with the videoā€¦

5 Likes

Nice cover. and cool new bass. I have been wanting to get a P bass for my next bass, some day.
Enjoy the course, it is excellent.

3 Likes

Thank you @skydvr!
Thanks @Mac!

Younger??? Ha!!! :rofl: :rofl: Thanks for that compliment. I certainly donā€™t feel younger. Especially in the morning.
Thank you @T_dub Toby! The P bass plays really well and canā€™t wait to get home and play without headphones.

4 Likes

Oh I know that one :joy:

3 Likes

it donā€™t matter what time of day for me, it always hurts.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you @T_dub
Iā€™ve certainly gone down hill since the latest incident 2 years ago and no amount of physio or psychiatry seems to make a difference.
Concentration has gone, as has dexterity. Thank the gods for bass. Certainly gives me a little focus

2 Likes

Amen to that brother

3 Likes

@PamPurrs please doā€¦this is my weekend project, to get both done and up!

4 Likes

Here ya go! This guy is on my shortlist of favorite Resolve YouTubers. Very straightforward and easy to understand. Heā€™s a New Yorker, so you should get on with him just fine :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Nice job Jerry @JerryP,
Looking very relaxed with your new P-bass, nice tone.
I like the black block inlays on the fret board.
Not sure if there is a little sync misalignment towards the end??
maybe its just your relaxed finger style??
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks Brian!

Thatā€™s quite possible. I record the audio first and then do the video and match the two with iMovie. I lost my place looking at the music, while recording the video so I was kinda winging it toward the end. I was wondering who would be the first to catch that.
:smiley:

7 Likes

its no big deal, the music still sounded really good Jerry,@JerryP :+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nothing escapes the watchful eye of Brian @TNKA36 :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Here is the first of many Motown covers to come.
First time I have recorded and put sax out there for the masses.
Still working on getting it recorded right.
I minimized the editing effects, too much to try to learn and would rather just get it out.

Bass - Fender CS '61 P-bass w/foam mute & B15N amp sim
Sax - 1937 silver plated Conn 12M baritone

https://youtu.be/E_KvVU934hk

15 Likes

Nice job @John_E :+1:
The sax break was a cool added bonus.

5 Likes