Post your covers! (2019-2022)

+1 here.

My comments are based on my limited knowledge and desire to provide support.
If someone knows something more, than it should be raised in a constructive way.
@Noisembryo, you may in fact have very valid points, however, they are going to be lost in the way the message was delivered.

Yes, we are all here to learn, and I think everyone wants constructive feedback.
If you don’t think someone will take feedback well in the forum, perhaps a private message with some tips, etc might be a better approach.

8 Likes

My original message wasn’t disrespectful in any way, shape or form but If you think that’s an example of tearing someone down in the process I really don’t know what to tell you.

If I didn’t point that out she would be kept in the dark which is the worst thing you can do to someone who wants to learn.

Think more about consequences of being dishonest and less about message delivery.

1 Like

Point of the forum is for everyone to learn from each others mistakes and for that to happen you need to see other comments.

3 Likes

That’s fair and my apologies. I was speaking more to the assumption that she wasn’t able to take critique because she hadn’t responded. People have lots of reasons for not responding. Forum gets busy, things get skipped, or they just don’t decide to.

4 Likes

Test two W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGZ_O7yvsJU

11 Likes

Ooh. What a great pair of basses! I am jealous!
Nicely played too.

3 Likes

Very nice playing @Gabriel1,
And a beautiful demonstration of the difference between the fretted and fretless in tone and the warmth of the fretless is really nice,
I might have to pull my neck through thumb 4 out and do a cover with it :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

thank you!! yes just came in home! what tone do you prefer?

4 Likes

The fretless for me👍 @Gabriel1 ,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Me too. But both great.

3 Likes

yes me too! keep in mind that the treble at the Pro M are full way turned down

4 Likes

i think that the thumbs are great basses and if someone find a second hand goes straight to a pro pro level instrument but be aware of the neck dive. Mine hasn’t got and i am super happy. it is a second hand without a scratch , i assume the guy have it before me didn’t play a note with it

3 Likes

I bought mine second hand about 10 years ago, @Gabriel1
It is a great bass, my son actually really likes it over all my other basses👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

The Thumb sounded great. I don’t think I would want a fretless but it definitely sounded better than the Streamer to me.

I suspect I would like the feel better too. I’ve owned two Streamers now and just couldn’t get to where I liked them as much as I expected. Plus, Thumbs are just extra cool.

3 Likes

oh thats a pity my pro m it starts feels lonely now haha

3 Likes

Yeah I think it’s a “me” thing. They are great basses. What I narrowed it down to is I think due to the shape of the Streamer body the neck sits about 2cm to the left of where I am used to, and it just feels kind of odd to me. I noticed it felt like I was reaching a lot more with it, just kind of how it hung on me with the strap. Sitting it was better.

I really liked everything else about them. Really great design. Warwick makes just the best bridges and nuts too.

By the way, nice cover too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i also find that warwick fretted basses sound greater with elixir strings. i don’t know why but maybe the piano like tone of warwicks gets bigger!

5 Likes

Yeah the first thing I did on both of mine was replace the Warwick Reds. I really did not like those strings much.

5 Likes

yes i don’t how they did it but warwick strings don’t get enough love on warwick basses

5 Likes

Great cover @Gabriel1 strong text

6 Likes