Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks John!
It’s a Lyon LB40 by Washburn. I picked it up about 18 years ago from the website Overstock.com. It sat out in Hawaii with some friends until I grabbed it back when I started the B2B course two years ago. I recently upgrade the pickups, pots and strings along with a professional setup.

4 Likes

I now have a second suitcase that has all that gear as well as a floor stand and music stand. I’m away for such long periods of time that if I don’t practice, I’ll surely forget everything.

7 Likes

Great cover as always @JerryP :sunglasses:

6 Likes

This is a song I learned early on this year, but never bothered to cover.
As I know it pretty well now I figured I would record it quickly.

I used a little reverb from my new Gamechanger Light Pedal (optical sweep) mode.
The pedal has a mechanical spring tank and operates in both traditional mechanical mode, and an ‘optical mode’ with optical sensors along the springs that pick up the spring vibrations. The sweep mode is constantly cycling the sensors to get an ever so slightly different reverberation along the sweep. Sweep speed is adjustable. Tried not to over do it but it did add some ‘body’ to the bass.

Squire fully-modded Jazz w La Bella flats - tone up ~20%, 100% neck / 30% bridge.
Tried a little bit of compression in Abelton just for grins, still learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaFcB5iB9DA

12 Likes

Damn @John_E that is so awesome! That’s one of my favorite Madonna songs too. I really enjoyed listening to it, and you did a great job. The volume on the bass was perfect for the song and I could hear it well, but I know there are those people in the forum who think we should bury the song with our bassline. I really appreciate you doing it this way so we could enjoy listening to it. :clap: :clap:

P.S. I listened to it twice, that’s how much I enjoyed it!

6 Likes

Nice Cover @JerryP, you played it very well. I thought your bass volume was very level with the song, and came across crystal clear.

I would too :grinning:

Great job @John_E. Very nicely played, and the bass sounded crystal clear and great volume.

Different Genre of music need the backing track and bass volume turned to different levels.
IDK why this still seems to be a topic on this thread however.

7 Likes

Thanks @Mac !

4 Likes

Thanks @T_dub Toby! I have a bit more equipment with on this trip because I drove to Chesapeake so I was able to stuff the car with more gear. When I fly, it will probably with less stuff.

5 Likes

Very nice John! I really enjoyed the song. Haven’t heard that before, it was very nice.

5 Likes

Nice cover Jerry @JerryP ,
Great tone, just a little sync issue,
You looked relaxed as usual,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Very nice cover, @JerryP . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Thanks Brian!

6 Likes

Thanks Joe!

7 Likes

new cover!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86bqoV-D3Q

16 Likes

Very nicely played @Gabriel1 ,
Nice tone from the fiver,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

thank you so much i wanted to play it using only the bridge pick up and listen how it stands cause this pick up is used more often for solos but is fits well enough in the mix

5 Likes

Nice! Love the song and you played it beautifully. Great speed and accuracy on the 16th note fills there.

6 Likes

thank you so much!

6 Likes

Well done @Gabriel1 !

7 Likes

Bloody hell mate you nailed that @Gabriel1
One of my all time favourite bands and all time favourite tunes from them. Fantastic

6 Likes