Post your covers! (2019-2022)

2 Thumbs up @John_E !!

6 Likes

@JerryP Awesome job!

PS - Whenā€™s the BassBuzz Reunion / Karaoke party?!?

5 Likes

Really great job, @Gabriel1 . . . :metal: :metal: :metal:

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Very nice job @gabriel and nice tone.

7 Likes

thanks for all guys!

5 Likes

Great cover dude. I donā€™t normally watch covers all the way thru, but the fills that u were nailing made me stay.

6 Likes

thank you so so much for watching!

5 Likes

Nicely done @Gabriel1 ! Not familiar with the song, but very well played.

5 Likes

The last three covers posted by @JerryP, @John_E, and @Gabriel1 are tough acts to follow. I humbly submit my latest cover.

In 1997 Meredith Brooks redefined this word. At first, radio jocks were afraid to even mention the title of the song. Meanwhile, people like me were singing along in our cars while it played on our radios.

I had to compete with lead guitar, two rhythm guitars, and a very loud drummer on this song. I cranked the bass up as much as I could without making it sound muddy.

Played on the ESP Frank Bella with LaBella flats, through the Zoom Bn3 with light chorus and reverb, and then to the VTBassDI for a little overdrive.

Itā€™s a great song. I hope you enjoy my version of it!
Bitch - (pampurrs.com)

15 Likes

WOW great job again @PamPurrs and a great song!
Always like your take on a bass line.
No competition here, you knocked it out of the park!

6 Likes

Thank you @John_E , I tried to get it close to the original bassline, and added a couple of fills and slides that werenā€™t there.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll try to listen to this in the middle of the night here in the hotel as there will be few people trying to grab as much bandwidth as they can.

5 Likes

Great job @PamPurrs . The bass sounds really good and your little additions certainly fitted right in. The biggest thing to me was you really looked like you enjoyed it as you always do which I reckon should be the whole reason why we play :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks @Mac yes, I really enjoyed playing this. Itā€™s a song Iā€™ve loved for a very long time and have been wanting to learn.

5 Likes

Awesome Pam.
I left a comment on your website.
Tone, effects and volume were all PERFECT, and your additions (although I am not super familiar with this song), must be perfect, because there was no place in the song where the bass line didnā€™t fit perfectly.

6 Likes

Not exactly a cover so Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place to post this. I plan on doing the 25 Groove challenge, so if itā€™s not let me know and Iā€™ll start another thread.

Iā€™m giving the video recording thing a try. I also tried something different today. Used the XLR line out on my amp direct to the Forcusrite Scarlett Solo. No Reaper VST plugins, just the bass and amp. Let me know how it sounds.

Video moved: Groove #1

3 Likes

there is a ā€œPost your practice fragmentsā€ thread, and a ā€œpost your original compositionsā€ thread also
However,
I think this one could use its own thread, as others probably want to do the Talkingbass challenge as well, and people could post their challenges in that thread, if you create it. :wink:

3 Likes

Ok as long as itā€™s legal. lol
Thread created.

3 Likes

I had to try 3 different browsers to get it to play, but I got it. I left a comment on the website.
Great job!

6 Likes

Thanks Toby @T_dub

4 Likes