Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very nice cover.
Very well played
Sound great thru the Focusrite.
That bass sounds great, and I have heard it before. I just can’t wrap my mind around headless bass (as @JoshFossgreen said, “they freak me out”), but it sure gets the job done.

4 Likes

I enjoy them, I can walk down a hallway while playing without worry about smashing my headstock hahah. I live in a tight apartment so it works for me. It the opposite of a normal bass cuz u don’t head get dive, but the opposite. Which is weird for me.

3 Likes

Sounds very good @Vegaswizzle

4 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle nice tone

5 Likes

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with them, and if you like it, thats what counts.

2 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle ,
Right on point and great tone :+1::sunglasses:
Very cool,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle ! Interesting song, not my cup of tea, but well played. It seems like you have good finger stretch.
:+1:

4 Likes

Aloha BassBuzzers!
This is something I was working on before my trip so I wanted to get it done after I arrived. I recorded this using the TB-4P for those who might still be looking into it for a traveling bass. I used the Fender Rumble LT 25 for the DAI, using factory preset #4 Elektrik Upright into Garage Band (Reaper wouldn’t recognize the LT for some reason). Video lighting is a bit meh. I hope you like it. I’ll post a note to the other thread where the TB-4P was being discussed.

12 Likes

Nice @JerryP
sounds a bit distorted, maybe just high in the mix?
It is certainly thumpier than it looks!

Do you have flats or rounds on it? I put flats on mine.
It takes its first trip in November.

2 Likes

Nice job on the tone and timing. I agree with @John_E though, the bass sounds a bit muddy. Maybe a bit too heavy on the gain? Maybe level set too high in your DAW when recording? (shrug)
This was one of my favorite Elvis tunes, and you did a nice job covering it.

2 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs & @John_E ! I think it has to do with the LT 25 as a DAI. I will be using the Scarlette 2i2 and Reaper from now on.
I have rounds on the TB-4P.

4 Likes

Great job Jerry @JerryP ,
Right on point, I really loved the tone of the bass, you made it sound like an upright :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Another great cover @JerryP :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 Brian & @Mac !

2 Likes

Great job @PamPurrs. Love the tone, love the song.

3 Likes

Thank you @Al1885

2 Likes

Great tone @TNKA36, the only thing missing is a beer in a paper cup. My first concert here in the States is the Pinkfloyd concert at the coliseum, sadly I couldn’t drink then, lol.

3 Likes

That’s awesome @John_E. Love that bass. Somehow that neck look extra skinny with that body.

Edit I just saw your setting. That sounds great.

3 Likes

It is a very thin neck indeed!

3 Likes

Aloha @JerryP … I hope the trip is going well and you aren’t “working” too hard.

Only one critique … I would have liked it more if you would have recorded this at a poolside bar - or beachside with a long extension cord LoL - on Waikiki with Diamond Head and some hula dancers or hotties bikinis in the background. Head on over to the Hale Koa and tell them I sent you!

PS - Love the Hawaiian shirt!

5 Likes