Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Live performances are not common among this group, as a matter of fact. It would be nice to see more, but the fact remains, they’re a rarity.

4 Likes

the covid era doesn’t help, I guess

5 Likes

Nice cover @Tokyo_Rat ,
Good to see people out playing live :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

american music festival in Shin Koiwa Park Tokyo…we were down the lead guitar but called up a mandolin player, rearranged some songs, were able to pull off a nice set.

4 Likes

Thank you, we were minus a guitarist so I had to play more than the root and root/fifth that seemed to be on the recording trying to fill it up. It was great just being there at all. First bass gig over and done.

6 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Thanks Brian, we had a blast. Carried nothing to the show but the bass, a tuner and a cord. Good weather, fantastic eats, and a 30 min set of music. Kind of felt like old times but the strings were a lot bigger…LOL

4 Likes

Good deal @Tokyo_Rat!
What bass are you playing? Got a pic?

4 Likes

Sire M2, the amp they supplied was a 600 watt TC Electronic which is the big brother to what I have. I’m pretty sure the cabinet was a guitar cabinet but it more than did the job and I definitely wasn’t working it hard.

5 Likes

Great cover, @terb - I enjoyed that a lot.
Funny story - for a couple years, my kid went to the same school as Ian MacKaye’s kid. I would sometimes see him around the playground, wearing his red beanie. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

that’s funny @kristine ! I also recorded a cover of a Fugazi song, a few times ago

2 Likes

Nice cover ! Really clean notes. You know, this is the first video that’s made me think of buying a Fender.

2 Likes

I bring you the chugtastic Big Fat Mama by Status Quo, off their classic 1972 album Piledriver. This total chugathon is a serious workout for the right hand, mixing some tricky sections with some full on chugging. It’s really a gem from the old Quo - before they started playing old folks’ homes.

OK I’m no Alan Lancaster but I’m pretty happy with the result :slight_smile: . I recorded it using the Zoom B1X four with the Bassman emulator. I also did a little production - added compression (4:1 ratio; -12dB) and used the graphic eq in Audacity to reduce the 100 hz band (my bass was quite boomy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiSQiv6Wxw

13 Likes

Quo from that era is awesome :sunglasses:
Great cover @Ed

3 Likes

Thanks man :+1: 70’s Quo was definitely not the Quo of the 90s and beyond …

3 Likes

Saw them live many times in the 80s but Margarita Time was certainly a turn in the wrong direction

2 Likes

Oh that must have been a night out! They had such a solid song list at that time …

2 Likes

Nice finger workout on that one @Ed ,
very cool, :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks @Ed ,
The black P-bass is a 79 i purchased in New Orleans in 1994.
It has EB slinky flats on it.
It did have a slight bow in the neck a few years ago, i had it redressed and now its a little thinner ín the neck and a lot brighter in tone than my other P-basses
I have probably done more covers with it than any of my other basses, its just a really nice bass to play.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

It certainly was a good night out and they definitely put on a show and a half.
The sound of Rick Parfitt cranking out the opening bars of Sweet Caroline at about 1 1/2 times the speed of the record version is forever etched in my brain

3 Likes