Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I gotta say I love playing it.
The tonal possibilities are unique, and the medium scale makes it really easy to play.
They are built very well and just darn purdy.

IF I ever bought a guitar, it would be a Gretsch.

6 Likes

Great cover @Mike_NL ,
Cool tone in the mix, nice work with both hands.
Great looking bass,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice job to all the 2022 posters so far and impressive list of all the 2021 adds!

Iā€™ve been AWOL due to surgery recovery for several weeks (doing great and healthy!!) so I am itching to getting back to posting here as well as the 50 Songs Challenge.

I hope everyone is safe and well and you have a blessed 2022!!

9 Likes

Glad to see you back here @JDDanielā€¦. Best damn thread on the entire forum!!:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Keep on Thumpinā€™!
Lanny

7 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome @Mike_NL your right hand is textbook. I like the song well spaced. Love the slide.

5 Likes

Good to see you back JD!

3 Likes

Good to see you @JDDaniel and glad you are on the mend!

4 Likes

Thank you, @terb, @John_E, @Lanny, @JerryP, @kristine, @howard, @TNKA36 and @Al1885 for your kind words and feedback! :heart:

Definitely a matter of preference, but I do get your point. I did try to match the original tone as closely as possible thoughā€¦ As for the choice of bass: I just wanted to do a cover with this one :grin: However, something that should be a bit more punchy is currently on its way to my house, so your prayers may just get answered in the future :nerd_face:

I get your point as wellā€¦ Especially after the first chorus, when the guitar really kicks in, right? Listening to the isolated original bass line (I use splitter.ai to split the original song into five different tracks), it seems to remain completely clean throughout the song, so I decided to do the sameā€¦ I have to admit that Iā€™m not good at dialing in a little bit of dirt in my tone yet. Using the Zoom B1 Four, it seems to be either nothing or waaayyyyy too much when it comes to (over)drive/distortion. Definitely something I need to learn more about anyway.

Do it! Canā€™t wait to hear it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks, me too! Bass slides are just too cool :sunglasses:

10 Likes

itā€™s not easy to get a dirty, yet intelligible bass tone. one need to spend some time on it :slight_smile: but itā€™s a great goal ! and playing a dirty bass is highly pleasant I must say :slight_smile:

yeah sure ! it was just my opinion, I was not saying you did something the wrong way

7 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I didnā€™t take it that way!

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/Y_MJ2lrLUhY

311 - do you right

My youngest son tested positive for covid last week, my wife last night and my results are pending. So please forgive me for recording this in my pajamas. Itā€™s been a rough week. Anyway, here is my attempt at Do You Right by 311. It all falls apart at the end, but getting better the more I play it.

Plugged directly into my Ampeg Micro-VR recorded with a Shure MV88+

13 Likes

As soon as I get home (or all day, when Iā€™m working from home), I put on my flannel PJ pants. They are my standard issue bass ā€œuniformā€.

Donā€™t sweat it @paulrose. The cover is just fine!

7 Likes

Glad to know Iā€™m in good company. And thanks for the kind words.

6 Likes

Welcome back JD, good to hear from you, and glad the Surgery went well.

Nice job @Paul_9207, played very well.

6 Likes

Good to hear youā€™re back @JDDaniel . Heal fast and well mate

Nice cover @Paul_9207 . You certainly get around the fretboard well :+1:
Hope all goes well with you and your family with this wretched virus

6 Likes

Great job - pajamas and allā€¦ Sorry to hear that your family is sick @Paul_9207 - hope everyone gets well soon.

6 Likes

Very nicely done @Paul_9207 !
:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @Lanny

Thanks @JerryP

5 Likes

Nice cover @Paul_9207 ,
Cool outfit,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/7PTlfZQnVPY

My attempt at Falls Apart by Sugar Ray.
This song took me forever to learn. There were no good tabs. But Murphy Karges, the bassist for Sugar Ray, did a tutorial video for it on youtube. It was hard to follow, for me anyway. Itā€™s fun to play though. Quite a few mistakes, but there it is.

11 Likes