Post your covers! (2019-2022)

You give love a bad name’ by Bon Jovi
Song #50 from the ‘50 song challenge’

https://youtu.be/femXC3ujltY

13 Likes

that’s a great cover ! well played and your tone is great !

4 Likes

Excellent cover @thomas

3 Likes

Great, Great, Great cover @thomas…!! Excellent tone along with some really nice finger work at both ends…. Loved it!!

4 Likes

Great cover @thomas ,
Nice tone and great finger workout,
Cheers Brian :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Good Lord, I love your floating thumb technique. I am trying to master that now. You make it look effortless. Your fingers were just dancing over the strings.

4 Likes

The only fault I can find with it is you did not do the pouty look with your lips. Great job!!!

4 Likes

Thanks @EddieJones @Lanny @TNKA36 @Mac @terb for your comments and the encouragement!

LOL, I have been trying to compensate this with a little easter egg at outro, but
the good thing is, you don’t hear me growling ‘f*ck’ at the flaws :grin:.

3 Likes

Playing without anchoring the thumb feels natural to me, but I felt bad about it in the beginning cuz it’s against the rules.

2 Likes

Great cover @thomas !! Perfect tone and finger work all over the fret board!
:+1:

3 Likes

That’s an absolutely mint cover @thomas. I’m tired just watching it :metal:

4 Likes

Super common problem on any audio interface for some instruments. Some also don’t take line levels as well as they should on the XLR inputs; check the specs to see if the XLR input can take a Line In or just a Mic In. ISTR some of the Focusrites could only take a Mic level input on the XLR input - could be a different one though.

Well done on starting to record! Once you start getting your synths and other instruments in the mix, that’s when the fun really begins :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, I love the klang you get.

FYI - partials get posted here…

FWIW - I have a 2nd gen 2i2 and have no clipping issues.
There is a switch for line vs. inst input on mine at least, should be on 3rd gen too.
I have the XLR line out from my amp always tied to my 2i2.
That said, I can adjust my input signal with a hi/low switch and a dial that gets set so the amp never clips on a bass by bass basis. This helped me on a couple bases on that on the 2i2 were almost dialed in near zero to control the overdriving of the signal. You can always turn your volume knob on your bass down a hair as well

2 Likes

Not quite a solo, but it is the only instrument in the mix (other than the tambourine).

11 Likes

Hey why can’t I get that sound out of my Ibanez - have you got flats on ? Nice cover as always btw :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Nice relaxed playing Jerry, @JerryP ,
Beatles first and now the Beach Boys,
Taking us on a nice journey into the 60’s.
Cheers Brian :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was actually going to message you today to see what you were working on.
You did great @JerryP!! Loved it.

@Ed he’s got Hawaiian voodoo magic in that bass. I swear it’s the best sounding bass going.

3 Likes

Great timing, fantastic tone and chilled as usual @JerryP

4 Likes

No, factory issued strings.

I do go through a Zoom B1Four, for this song I used AMPG SVT with SVT 8x10 cab sim.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you Brian! a lot of great music coming from the '60’s.

1 Like