Post your covers! (2019-2022)

nice cover, nice sound, nice mix, nice attitude as always !

4 Likes

Wow, never noticed that was such a complex bassline rhythmically. Well done!

5 Likes

Nice tone for the song from the Ibanez. Never heard this one before.

4 Likes

Thanks @howard !

3 Likes

Thank you @terb Laurent!
Thanks @howard! Yeah, I never heard it before a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Oh that was lovely @JerryP really great all round.

Iā€™m always fascinated by the fact that thereā€™s so much music out there that we (me and my fellow Bass Buzzers) havenā€™t heard. I know this from my childhood as a Shadows song. With Hank Marvin (biggest glasses in showbusiness) on guitar.

Music Trivia - He owned the first ever Fender Stratocaster in Britain. There was an import ban on certain goods post war, so Brits couldnā€™t get their mitts on any Fender stuff.

2 Likes

:astonished:

2 Likes

Thank you @Barney ! The song kinda grew on me as I was learning it and I really enjoyed playing it.

2 Likes

Oh Mr. @JerryP !!!
You did great with that Hawaiian bass as per usual

Love this tune.
It has also been co-opted by brass bands in New Orleans over the years, and one my buddy in Rebirth Brass Band does from time to time.

Cue @kristine to explain why the colors are so off between cameras with the white rails in the background, cause I just donā€™t get any of that stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks very much @John_E !

Not hard to explain, camera angle 1 was lit with the kitchen lighting and camera angle 2 was natural sun light with all the blinds open and I recorded the video twice since I only have one camera. Itā€™s just the condo here in Hawaii. I have better lighting in NJ.

4 Likes

Ah!!!

2 Likes

(digs self out from under piles of paperwork)
waitwut? Is someone purple?
(gets dragged back down by unseen paperwork monster)

3 Likes

I remember this song! I believe I crashed into the wall a few times at the roller rink while it was playing.

Excellent job. Also, thatā€™s one of the most beautiful basses Iā€™ve ever seen. :clap:

4 Likes

That takes me back @JerryP ! One of the first tunes I learned to play on guitar just by listening to it.
Very relaxed as always and it certainly shows in the quality of the cover.
The bass sounds great too

4 Likes

Great covers @JerryP and @Paul_9207, excellent work.

5 Likes

Thank you @sakkasie , @Mac , @AnotherJosh !

@sakkasie , Iā€™ve had that bass for just a year now and I really enjoy playing it when Iā€™m working in Hawaii.

5 Likes

Great, great, great. Incredible Bongo Band remake of this song is one of my favorite songs of all time.

https://youtu.be/WY-Z6wm6TMQ

5 Likes

Fantastic job @Paul_9207! I also underestimated this one. The octaves in the bridge sound so cool.

Jump On It @JerryP! That guitar player is lucky to have you holding things down. Very nicely played.

4 Likes

Thank you @wellbi and @dlamson13 !

2 Likes

I was trying to think of who did this version!
Love it!

3 Likes