Post your covers! (2019-2022)

This was awesome @Paul_9207! Love the tone on those low notes. Although I’m going to miss the Halloween themed covers, I think this was a perfect fun choice to close on. Great job!

3 Likes

Great job on this @groaner! The tone is dark and warm, really works.

Slower tempo songs with space and quick walk-ups can be tricky to get the groove right. Nicely done.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this! I’m not familiar with the song so it sounded perfect to me. :clap:

4 Likes

I guess you don’t have too much trouble locking in with the drummer, huh? :drum:

Fantastic job, man! You fucking rock! :metal:

3 Likes

Great job, @groaner! Really enjoyed it. :+1:

3 Likes

First off this is a great first cover.
Well done.

Agree a few timing blips but generally solid.

I’d bring the bass down a bit in the mix next time, but do like the tone.

2 Likes

Just great again @Paul_9207

Your hard work shows through lately like crazy.

3 Likes

Thanks John!

The bass was at the level because I wanted to be able to hear myself clearly.

If I were going to do a true cover then I would try and emulate the bass on the original track. For now it’s just for me and for you guys to critique.

:blush:

4 Likes

Thanks Mike! It’s fun to play.

3 Likes

This is my kind of review!

3 Likes

Yeah, that little walk up towards the end tripped me a bit. It’ll get better with my practice.

3 Likes

It’s a lot of fun to play in. Yes, I need to do a lot more practice!

3 Likes

Thanks @MikeC Having a firm grasp of rhythm has definitely helped with the bass. And thank you so much for the kind words.

3 Likes

Thank you @JerryP @John_E and @dlamson13
I had fun doing Halloween songs. We love Halloween at my house. I need to find a few Christmas songs to cover.

3 Likes

We have a thread that @PamPurrs started last year for that…

4 Likes

Oh. Very cool. I’ll be diving into this thread.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to post a reminder to start working on your Christmas songs, but have been very distracted of late (as you all know).
Thanks for posting that @John_E

5 Likes

I forget, did anyone ever do a cover of Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses? That would rule.

3 Likes

Go for it!

2 Likes

not the easiest bass line !

4 Likes