Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Yeah no way can I cover that. First off, can’t pull off the vocals. And then there’s the fact that that is actually a stealth S-tier bassline.

3 Likes

Way way too hard for me

4 Likes

@Paul_9207

Your challenge sir…

https://youtu.be/-cUz-zAATNI

I really want to name my next band The Seasick Crocodiles now…

2 Likes

Quick cover of The Ventures: Walk, Don’t Run with my Gretsch Junior Jet (not selling it as of yet). The song only had 3 discrete tracks on it–the bass was mixed on the same track as guitar, so I couldn’t knock out the bass in Moises.ai…a few occasions of being a millisecond behind. And yes, I see from the video that I am not reaching far enough to fret the C properly.

Another tidbit…this is the first song I completely transcribed myself with no tabs. Song itself is pretty straightforward. The Junior Jet really gives me that nice upright-style THUMP that I can’t really replicate on my p-bass.

https://youtu.be/fIB2IlSOJ34

14 Likes

Good job on the transcription! It sounds pretty spot on to me :+1: :+1:

Nice bass too. Is it a hollow body?

2 Likes

Great job @Old_WannaBe ! The Ventures songs are fun to play. I recently cover three songs a couple of months ago.
:+1:

2 Likes

nice work @Old_WannaBe !

3 Likes

No, but the junior jet does resonate like crazy.

3 Likes

That would be a cool band name.

I’ll have to take a good listen and see what happens!

2 Likes

That sounded great @Old_WannaBe, really impressive and great sound.

3 Likes

Love Oingo Boingo.

4 Likes

That was great! It’s fun to get that first song in without tabs, it opens doors to so many possibilities.

2 Likes

Great playing @Old_WannaBe
Something does sound a bit off to me on a few notes every so often.
Maybe one of those ‘old tune tuning issues’, but really well done man!

2 Likes

huh… thought the transctiption was good…
just a A min scale. maybe tuning was off on the record…had that problem with folsom prison…

3 Likes

Nice cover. I just punched Walk Don’t Run into Chordify. It works by listening to the song and creating a chord chart using magic software I don’t understand. It gives a pop up window to say if the original tuning is off.

In this case it says tune to 450Hz so that might be what @John_E is hearing. I can’t because my hearing is rubbish so it sounded mint :slight_smile:

Screenshot for detail

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of them and I’m now on a Oingo Boingo deep dive @Paul_9207. That sounded fab and the bass was at what I think the perfect mix.

6 Likes

have no clue what that means… the whole thing is a little sharp or flat?

2 Likes

440Hz is just the frequency for the note A. Most tuners set at 440Hz so the bass, guitar etc are all tuned the same. So 450Hz would be sharp I think?

On your tuner somewhere there should be the ability to change the setting from 440Hz to a different frequency. So set the tuner to 450Hz and tune all the strings as normal and you’ll sound ‘in tune’ with the record.

I think that’s right. But others with way more experience might be able to explain better.

2 Likes

Their song called Stay is one that people seem to be more familiar with, if it helps.

2 Likes

correct-a-mundo sir

1 Like