Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks @Barney. Oingo Boingo is pretty amazing. They also have an album under the band name Boingo and also a Danny Elfman solo album that they put out because of some problems with their label. But, Best O’ Boingo is great and also the Farewell live album.

1 Like

why would you intentionally tune like that? or is that an artifact of format transfer?

2 Likes

I think back in the day bands just tuned to each other.

2 Likes

Yeah, no nifty digital tuners.
Remember, even the worlds best orchestras still tune by ear to each other.
Or the tape speed was changed somewhere along the line.
Or bad recording engineers combining a bit of both.
Or they just didn’t care.

3 Likes

I’m going out of town for the weekend, but wanted to get a cover recorded. I have not played this song in a while, but decided to record it anyway. I suppose I should have done a few practice takes because it didn’t feel as smooth as it normally does. But, I did it so here it is. I love this song. The whole album is great. I used to have the t-shirt, I stole it from my brother who actually went to the show (I did that a lot, stole my siblings concert T’s.).

Material Issue - Valerie Loves Me
https://youtu.be/el-y7y1MNB8

13 Likes

Another great job @Paul_9207 !
:+1:

2 Likes

on fire @Paul_9207 !

4 Likes

My first Motörhead video of November! I was actually thinking of starting a separate Motörthread for all my planned Motörhead-related activities.

Anyway, this wasn’t as hard as I though it would be, although finding the rhythm was quite tricky and keeping the chords going took some effort.

As usual, the setup is quite simple - my Rickenbacker running through my trusty Motörbass pedal.

I give you Live to Win, off the 1980 classic album Ace of Spades -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw464SJYio0

22 Likes

Good job.
Love the Rick, and it certainly is the right axe for the song

4 Likes

Thanking you! The T-bird isn’t bad but the Rick definitely has the edge when you add overdrive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great job @Ed ! The Rick sounded awesome.
:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP ! It’s got its limitations but for for rock n roll it’s an absolute beast :slight_smile: :+1:

5 Likes

That sounded great Ed!

5 Likes

Thanks! Most of the heavy lifting is done by the pedal thank god :+1::+1:

5 Likes

you sounded really like Lemmy on this one, @Ed

6 Likes

That was very, very Motorhead. Well done, I think you sounded awesome. And yeah, the Rick was perfect there.

4 Likes

Oh you guys @terb @howard :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Nice job Prolific Paul!
I love the tone you used, although it sits in the mix a bit weird, maybe a little too high.
And for some reason the LR balance seems off, most of the bass is in my L channel, or, I am going deaf in one ear (quite possible, I just got done playing bari and it sits on my right, lol).

Playing wise thought you did great.

3 Likes

WOW!
I don’t really know Motorhead so went to listen to the original first.
You did a GREAT job on this one mate!

4 Likes

That’s a shame, bordering on a crime.
:wink::rofl:

4 Likes