and tested positive for Covid, Yay!
Cheers

Beats testing positive for pregnancy brother

7 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

If itā€™s any consolation this is the least exclusive club in the world

6 Likes

You might recover faster if you buy that bass bedcover in the music related fun thread. Healing power of bass! Actually that photo should be posted right in this here Covers threadā€¦

8 Likes

Great cover @Barneyā€¦ Love the background storyā€¦ Left my comment on your YouTube Channelā€¦

Keep On Thumpinā€™!
Lanny

5 Likes

Great job @Vegaswizzle ! I enjoy that style.
:+1:

4 Likes

Great song selection and execution @Barney ! You were really in the groove with this one. Nice work!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got software that downloads a video as an MP4, and another app from the same company that converts it to an mp3. If people are interested Iā€™ll look into it when I get home

5 Likes

@Al1885 Very impressed with your cover from last year. Very soulful. Loved the rhythm and the way you worked that neck. Great song as wellā€¦ I had to go look up the lyrics.

3 Likes

Thanks @booker_t You know itā€™s funny, have the songs I play I donā€™t know the lyric, both my daughters know this song and can sing along well. I looked it up once I didnā€™t get the lyric, kinda corny, lol.

2 Likes

I first learned of The Peddlers while watching Breaking Bad (among a load of other really great tunes.
Their version of ā€œOn a Clear Day You Can See Foreverā€ knocked me over.
So cool, so 60s grooooooovy.
They only made 3 albums before disbanding, all are worth grooving out to.
Check them out, impress your friends how cool you are.

I used the P bass (with flats) straight into the DAW, tone rolled almost all the way off.
Compression and Valhalla Room reverb in the DAW to try to replicate the fullness of the bass from the original.

Bass is pretty high in the mix, as it is in the original too.
Got to play with automation a bit in Abelton as I had to jack up the reverb and gain during the solo to match the original. The higher bass notes were actually split out by Moises into the ā€˜otherā€™ track, and had to fade them out before the strings come in (which covers them up a bit better) in order to make this sound as close to original as possible.

Long live Heisenberg!

https://youtu.be/o_l9FFkFWzg

16 Likes

That was COOL! and awesome!. Really nice groove John, you really nailed it with everything. Great job!

5 Likes

What a perfect groove @John_E, the bassline is so smooth and interesting. Beautifully played! Your video makes me want to watch BB again.

4 Likes

Thanks! This took a looooooong time to get the groove just right over the whole song. I realized at some point the last note of the little riff had to ā€œflowā€ into the first note smoothly otherwise it sounded like crap.

4 Likes

Fantastic John, what a nice cover for the holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving BTW :turkey::turkey:

And to everybody else out there who celebrates the capture of America :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @T_dub !

5 Likes

Nicely done. The bass doesnā€™t seem high in the mix on my monitors.

3 Likes

Fantastic @John_E the mix sounded perfect to me listening with my earbuds.

I downloaded a bunch of songs from Breaking Bad when it wrapped up. So this song is a regular on my job site playlist.

Iā€™ll admit I thought it was Frank Sinatra. This just shows how unsophisticated my ear is :smile:

Interesting to watch the video production standards creeping up over the past few years. Weā€™ve never had it so good!

4 Likes

@John_E is back in the game!

And what a comeback! Really smooth work, John - perfect choice of bass and setup, and the song is a gem. And I am getting some Heisenberg vibes off you :wink:

3 Likes