Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Whoa! This is intense! Great Job @Lanny This is the first Rush cover I’ve seen here, Kudos my man! At the break I was there with you buddy, if I play that song I’d me shaking lose the same way, lol.

I love it! I missed Neil Peart playing. One take with that intensity is awesome. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Thanks for your service, and happy holidays.

2 Likes

SLAP THE P BASS!!!

Honestly that guy…
Anyway it was pretty hard staying consistent, had a few screwups.
Originally played by legendary Thunderthumbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLH5Py-K_Ms

Gear used:

• Fender Player Series Precision Bass
  • Universal Audio Volt 1
  • Amplitube 5
  • Lalal.ai for removal of original bass

Amp sim:

• GK MB 150 S
  • 2x10 SVX-500
  • 1x15 OBC 115
  • Fender Compressor

Older strings used, pretty good to emulate flatwounds.

13 Likes

Impressive playing and excellent groove, as always :sunglasses: also a great tone ! perfect !

3 Likes

@terb Thanks man.

@Lanny Awesome cover and very good playing, but next time edit in eagle flying by. :smiley:

@Al1885 Wherever I lay my hat! You can not love sound of fretless. Awesome emotion transfer!

4 Likes

That was fantastic @Growl
You groove man.

4 Likes

Aahh… nice!. I love those mellow tunes with minimal number of instruments. Great job!
:+1:

2 Likes

Great job as always Lanny! Cover sounds fine great tone and execution. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

3 Likes

Very nice playing Growl! Envious as Slapping is something I won’t even attempt at my age.

4 Likes

Thanks @John_E - Most definitely a milestone for me!!

Thanks @dlamson13 - That center section is a killer and it’s the only way I’ve found to shake it all out before tackling it… Besides, I was in the middle of a tremor in my right hand before playing it. Noticeable in my little finger of my plucking hand.

Hahaha @Mac - I always record in one take - mistakes and all… Having played live many times, you never get a second take anyway…

Thanks @Al1885 - Truly an intense song to play - especially in the middle section. Started learning this one a little at a time since September. Not a hard song to learn, just a hard one to play I guess…

Thanks @Growl - I’ll remember that for my next one!! :grinning:

Thanks @JerryP - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also!!

3 Likes

Damn @Growl, that was GREAT!! Love the tone! Like @JerryP, I’m not a “Slapper” - probably has something to do with my age also… Certainly envy those of you that do though… Maybe as my tremors get worse, I’ll give it a try - all I’d have to do is just rest my hand over the strings and let my hand tremors do the rest!! :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

This is great playing @Growl love the pocket and the clean playing is very impressive. Plus it’s nonstop playing is not easy. Great job. Michael’s song is never simple or easy because of the caliber of the artists he worked with.

3 Likes

Ristipaine - Selitä

13 Likes

Never heard of this song before but it’s very grungy I like it. What I like more is to get that silhouette lady to dance on my cover, lol.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s a song from a band i joined few months ago. This one though is from time before me so im not behind the bassline.

3 Likes

Nice job @Ek_Bass !

3 Likes

So jealous of @Growl slapping cover I oiled up my joints and brushed up my slapping a bit. This is a TV Jingle actually Carolina in the city. This version was done by Grant Geissman you may remember him as the righteous dude who solo in the Chuck Mangione famous “Feels so Good”

It’s done on My EBMM Stingray 4HH Special Amethyst Sparkles and EBMM Cutlass Bass Paging @MikeC. Both basses has Optima Unique studio Gold strings installed. They are very crisps, in fact on the Stingray I had to turn up the bass because it was raining in my headphone a bit these are like bells.

The Stingray 4HH is not the most slapping friendly because the neck pickup is quite close to the neck so popping has to be done at a specific location or I crushed my finger, lol. Anyways please enjoy!

https://youtu.be/VFwh9hSn59U

16 Likes

Get down, @Al1885! Love it!!!

2 Likes

So funky glad Ive given some inspiration, but seriously you didnt slap the Sabre.

Id like to make an order for the next one, slap the Sabre.

3 Likes

Very nice Slapping @Al1885 !

2 Likes

Nice groove @Al1885
Grant has some awesome playing on Mangione’s Live at the Hollywood Bowl album.

2 Likes