Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great playing @Al1885, I knew those basses weren’t just for display.

4 Likes

A lotta FUNKY stuff going on there @Al1885!! Great cover!

4 Likes

The Cutlass is crazy fun.

2 Likes

Lol, when I was recording this I was staring at the Sabre because it was hanging right in front of me I thought to myself @Growl gonna say where’s the Sabre? Lol.

3 Likes

Thank you @JerryP it was a great way to get my blood flowing. Lol.

2 Likes

Yes, it damn sure is! Thanks for turning me on to the Optima Gold Studio Uniques, Al. Merry Christmas, my brother!

2 Likes

Thanks @John_E that was a great album.

1 Like

Lol, thanks @AnotherJosh

1 Like

Thanks @Lanny that was a fun cover for sure.

2 Likes

Ofc you knew :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Very inspiring slap work @Growl and @Al1885. You guys are both so smooth and precise. I’ll keep after this in 2023, excellent covers!

4 Likes

Thanks @dlamson13 He started it, lol.

4 Likes

Very tasty slapping @Growl and excellent tone. That was awesome!

Also @Al1885 with the great slapping (unfortunately, still a magical mystery to me). Great work!

Nice work @Ek_Bass. Loved the tone and playing!

@Lanny, fantastic work on a one take. I didn’t notice any timing issues. It sounded great!

8 Likes

Thanks @stevesilver925

It’s much easier than you think just have to do a little dues paying with the muscle memory and you are good to go.

6 Likes

Great slapping @Growl and @Al1885 !
You both make it look so effortless.
In fact it looks so simple the only reason I can’t do it must be my bass is broken :grin:

7 Likes

They must have made a bad batch @Mac cause all mine are like that too!

6 Likes

Ok Man! I did it special order for @growl. It’s the most fun bass to slap for sure I’m pretty sure the only that that could top that would be my neck through. It’s heavy and solid and great vibration feedback. I love it.

I put it on the position 2 (from the bottom) which is the best Sabre position to me. It’s bridge pickup (stingray) plus south coil (8 poles) of the neck pickup.

One Take for you.

BTW, I recorded the “I touch myself” planning another multi-basses cover but seriously the Sabre just dominate the genre. It sounds so cool. It’s such a vintage specific bass but it’s really cool.

9 Likes

I am learning this the hard way too

4 Likes

Wow this sounds fabulous

3 Likes

Al you’re absolutely a cover-making machine. Excellent work :slight_smile:

4 Likes