Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Excellent! Never heard this version but it sounds great! Another good job.

5 Likes

thanks @JerryP !

3 Likes

An excellent cover Laurent! I chugged a lot of beers while in country listening to that song by Creedence. Love your bass line and the straight forwardness - with a somewhat “In Your Face” attach style you used that lends itself favorable to this particular version of the song. ROCK ON!!

6 Likes

Another great execution of a classic song @terb,
Nice tone from greenie.:+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Been playing for about 2 months. Not sure if the link will work. Kinda screwed it up at the end, but getting better

Hi @cliffveazey,
I am unable to view your video.?
Not sure why it’s not working.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Me either. New here, guess I don’t know what I’m doing lol

3 Likes

One of the tech gurus on the forum will be able to assist you in uploading your posts👍
@cliffveazey.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

https://youtu.be/cSxCWyO2JUc

Try it this way. Been playing a couple of months. Screwed it up a little, but slowly getting better. I am surprised I could pull it off this well lol

10 Likes

Nice job @cliffveazey,
If this is your first cover you did a great job, nice song, good finger picking and a few glitches on your fretting but overall I enjoyed it👍
Keep up the great progress :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thanks!!

3 Likes

Nice cover @cliffveazey :+1:
Zombie is one of my go-to’s too and particularly poignant now after the singer took her own life a year or two ago . With the song about the “troubles “ in Northern Ireland and the singer obviously going through so many troubles of her own it’s a sad song indeed.

5 Likes

Bass tone is great and you nailed the cover. I first thought you were mixed a little low and then decided no, no, it’s just right.

Also, that is an excellent hat :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh wow, I love that song. Haven’t heard it in a while.

For just two months in you did really, really well. Your playing generally sounded in time to me and mostly consistent. At the stage you’re at it can be difficult to nail consistent plucking volume across the song and there was a little of that but it’s generally pretty damn good. The tricky bit towards the end with triplets seemed a little awkward for you but with a little more work should iron out.

My feedback would be that if you enjoyed doing this, the next step would be to look in to some of Lanny and Laurent’s tips on preparing backing tracks and recording into a DAW. The only real negative to this video, and it’s a common one to a lot of covers recorded this way, was the audio balance of the backing track versus the bass though your amp. Otherwise it was a great cover, especially where you’re at in picking up the bass.

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. I’ll have to look into it.

6 Likes

yeah that’s a good first cover ! your plucking technique seems pretty clean, congratulations @cliffveazey !

by the way I always found that this song was disturbing ; the singer is very irritating to me.

5 Likes

Overall I was never a huge Cranberries fan but I liked this one a lot.

4 Likes

@terb - Clutch cover? nailed it. Great sound, nicely done. Love that one little part where you’re on the higher octave G.
Helps that I adore Clutch too.

@cliffveazey - 2 months in and posting covers? Hell yeah. We should have a badge for that. This is a lovely bit of nostalgia for me for the tune too. Good rhythm, and nicely executed, sir! 2 questions - what are you looking at off screen to the right? I’m assuming it’s the music?
Here’s my challenge to you: You’re playing a pretty repetitive line, and most of it is in the same position. I challenge you to never look at your fretting hand while playing this next time. Hit all the clams you want. Ignore them! I saw you sneaking peeks of that left hand for things that I am positive you could nail 99.9% of the time without looking. It will build your confidence in your fingers and the fret board, and will allow the focus to stay on the music / mug at the camera / etc. No pressure, but if you try it, let me know how it goes!
Kudos for the post and the cover.

9 Likes

@Gio thanks for the advice. Yes, looking at the music. I will give it a shot (really wish I could play without looking at my fretting hand), but I will not be filming that one lol.

8 Likes

it’s probably easier than what you think :wink:

7 Likes