Post your covers! (2023)

I have noticed that recording video with my iphone - I cannot edit/shorten/etc that video in any way on my phone before bringing it into Resolve otherwise the audio/video in the file gets all buggered. I bring the untouched file into Resolve and truncate it there. No clue why this is a thing but what your getting at is surely the issue.

2 Likes

Yay - Nice one! Hang on a sec…

Windows 10 or later.
16 GB of system memory (32 GB for intense graphics work)
intel core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 CPU.
Integrated or discrete GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM and supports OpenCL 1.2 or CUDA 11 and the Latest driver Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 10.4.1 or later

:frowning:

Hmm - maybe something a bit lighter?

1 Like

Go big or stay home brother!

3 Likes

I’ve spent all my money on bass guitars :frowning:

:smiley:

5 Likes

Dude, that was awesome. I want to be you when I grow up on the bass :grin:

3 Likes

Well, here’s something I did for fun (audio only). Was surfing YouTube the other day and ran across this guitarist who does these “riff battle” videos, filming himself playing his favorite riffs from 2 or more bands (https://www.youtube.com/@miguelsequeiraguitar). I watched his Sabaton vs. Powerwolf video and never really gave Sabaton a listen before this.

Anyways, some of the Sabaton riffs I thought were catchy… this song in particular caught my ear, but I wasn’t too thrilled with the originally recorded bass on it, it just struck me as lacking something. Played around with it a bit and recorded my interpretation (used some editing and speed-up/slow-down features in the DAW to play at this blazing fast 240 bpm which I cannot manage cleanly yet) to another guitarist who was covering the song as well.

Enough rambling, here’s a link to the audio - in video form. This is not intended to end up on my covers list or anything, just something I was goofing around with and thought I would share with y’all. Hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed playing around with it.

https://youtu.be/3uKTNLISESc

Edit: had to add… (one could almost hear them say) Sabaton! - “we love metal and history!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Hey, everyone! I’m continuing on my journey of covers and playing song of different styles.

Between the billion funk songs out there, I’ve decided to pick this one. I hope you enjoy watching as I enjoyed playing! :slight_smile:

Thank you for watching!

P.S.: normally I don’t play standing up, but it’s hard to play something funky sitting down, lol

Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg1KwTuHPT4

19 Likes

Good job Rob! I haven’t heard that song in a long while.
:+1:

4 Likes

This is called red, white and Blue Chameleon…

Funk jazz, yea and i drug it through the rock pile… bass does a funk walk near the end .

This one is called 1st Grade… prog, funk

I didnt film the studio.bass track…played all instruments at my studio…

Let me know what you think…
Shalom in our risen King .

John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band…

holy crap :confused:

rumble

so I can’t use Shazam for the list. So, if I understood well, the proper band/songs are :
John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band - Red, White and Blue Chameleon
and
John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band - 1st Grade

right ?

also how do the duration work ? are those 286 and 356 seconds ?

1 Like

I am guessing they actually simply didn’t want to do the work to become GDPR compliant. What a cop-out, if so.

Yea those are the ones. If youre looking for something more eclectic, i just released
Trippin His Creation Psychedelic…and a more hard rockin release called Rockin the Ages…too rockin for mainstream Christian thought, and too Christians for the rockers…lol…perfect…

Free mp3s at soundclick, free streams on reverbnation, also on spotify

I think seconds would be correct.

Very nice…

1 Like

I don’t blame them.
We have a lot of systems across our organization. It was a pain in the a$$ to implement and it requires a lot of work. Not as easy to implement as it sounds.

oh ok but I’m not sure : are these covers, or your original compositions ?

true. it’s horrible.

currently burning, because of an unfair and awful pension reform that nobody want. we’re somewhere between democracy and civil war right now.

2 Likes

Oh trust me, I know :rofl:

We were already in pretty good shape for it due to extensive privacy controls and even then it was a huge effort.

1 Like

We are also to deal with CCPA compliance. Not to mention in-house counsel. Triple whammy!

1 Like

Same as 3 centuries ago! :joy:

2 Likes

Bastille Day is just a season away too

3 Likes