Post your covers! (2023)

True he did more transitions than fills but Beatles would not have been the same without Ringo.

1 Like

Amen. He was the only one who showed up on time, didn’t whine, knew his place, did his thing (very well) and didn’t get involved in all the BS. Maybe that’s why he still looks like he’s 40. Lol

2 Likes

Nothing at all. I’m just plugged into a little Roland mixer along with an iPod for the original track.

1 Like

Sheba’s a blue fronted Amazon.

2 Likes

That video makes me want to turn in my French heritage card! :rofl:

2 Likes

Cool! Would love to see some full shots of her in the pet picture thread!

1 Like

Fantastic work! Love the Steinberger. Difficult song, you nailed it.

I think what John is hearing and thinking is an effect is it sounds like you’re getting a little phase delay there. Can also be an effect of double-tracking. Is the original bassline still in the backing track?

2 Likes

Well I enjoyed it @JerryP I’m giving that a smooth 5 out of 5 :cocktail: martinis for that one.

I don’t know the original, but this is my favourite :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice playing that was very cool…first time I have listened to those tunes since taking up the bass, it was enjoyable watching someone play it as I listened to the familiar lines

2 Likes

Yeah and it shows. I didn’t really know any of those songs apart from Golden Slumbers and I know it as a Ben Folds song (sorry Beatles fans).

That’s a ridiculous amount of work but it sounded fantastic. I suggest some reggae next; 3 chords max to take it down a step :wink:

I’m giving that 6 out of 5 school satchels :school_satchel: for the sheer workrate alone!

4 Likes

Thank you Barney! Much appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah, that must be it. I didn’t remove the original bass line on this one, so it must have made a little chorus effect.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Ahh, cool. Yeah, my first impression was that it sounded double-tracked. That kind of phased sound is normal (and desirable actually) for double-tracking.

2 Likes

very nice John!

3 Likes

Back at it again! After spending almost a month working on Interstate Love Song, I decided my next cover would be another STP track. I didn’t realize when I started that it would only take me a few days to learn this song. I tabbed it from scratch before I realized that there was a nearly perfect tab for this one already on Songsterr :man_facepalming: Oh well, I think transcribing songs is the fastest way to learn them. I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed playing it. Had a little trouble syncing the audio and video, I need to get some better video editing software other than iMovie :confounded: (oh, and I tried to jam out a bit while playing this one just for @Al1885)

This is a song called Plush.

https://youtu.be/_h8OgUduIm0

Tabs:

12 Likes

That’s really cool how you singed off @Ant. Smooth playing. I noticed that most song you like to play over bridge pickup. You like the tone there or the string tension. It seems like the song would be played more towards the neck pickup for the maximum oscillation.

I like how it stays in the mix nonetheless. When you get into the songs your notes has more attitude, lol.

2 Likes

Outstanding cover. I liked everything about it!

2 Likes

Great playing and tone @Ant! it’s nice to see STP getting some love. The band did a lot interesting musical things, melodic basslines, jazzy chords, all while still bringing the rock. Critics at the time loved to dismiss them as “Peal Jam clones”, and this was never fair IMO.

I agree, I learn better when I transcribe. It slows me down enough to really pay attention to each note, rather than chunking parts together the way I do when I learn from a tab.

1 Like

@Al1885 for some reason my brain does not allow me to play over the neck pickup. I think it’s just where I have gotten comfortable. It feels awkward to anchor my thumb on the neck pickup and I have a tendency to really attack my strings. Playing near the bridge allows me to dig in without any buzz. I am still working on my consistency because as you said when the song slows down a bit or becomes more intricate I tend to play with less pressure.

@EddieJones thanks buddy! :hugs:

@dlamson13 I love STP. Way better than Pearl Jam IMO (and I’m from Seattle). Eddie Vedder just doesn’t do much for me and I think Scott Weiland was a far superior vocalist anyway and you can actually understand what he’s saying in the songs :rofl:.

Glad you guys liked it!

5 Likes