Post your covers! (2023)

@cheeze_pizza Great sounding covers, you are crushing the 50 song challenge! Like them all, some highlights for me were the tone on the U2 track and that sweet fill on the Gorillaz, no “laughstramental” required :rofl:

@iamck74 Nice Megadeth :metal: The song keeps you moving, very solid, will only tighten up with more reps.

@robbp That was intense! Great job with the alternate picking. That definitely requires focus and keeping that right hand relaxed.

@Paul_9207 What a great choice for your first Acoustic cover! I haven’t heard this for years, one of their best tunes for sure. Enjoyed this a lot.

The solo is cool but it’s kind of unstructured chaos. It seems like the type of solo they would never play the same way twice.

4 Likes

That’s a great acoustic sound! When I saw the title I wasn’t sure I knew the song but it became familiar quite quickly. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks man! I think the pace will start slowing now that I’m mostly done with the ‘easy’ ones. :sweat_smile: I’m glad you enjoyed the covers. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you. Ive tightened it up since this video eventually I’ll update it using the techniques I’m learning from @JoshFossgreen :metal:

2 Likes

50 Songs Challenge Song No. 5: AC/DC - Highway to Hell :metal:

Time to ride the Highway!

I used my Jino Bass but forgot to take notes on my settings. I think we went with the H isolation again but I’m not sure…

I hope you enjoy the cover!

4 Likes

Great song ! but with the common tuning issue :confused: … the A is not 440 Hz as usual, but more around 430 Hz, so the bass has to be tuned accordingly otherwise it sounds off.

This is something common with 60’s and 70’s records, and a lot of AC/DC songs have this issue.

An elegant and easy solution is to start with a shifted 440 Hz version of the song.

I used to explain all this 3 years ago :slight_smile: : Post your covers! (2019-2022) - #1361 by terb

3 Likes

As I was typing up the other post over in the 50 songs thread, I came across this fact. :roll_eyes: I was doing takes with a different bass that had slight intonation issues and it made the tone shift even more noticeable! Oh well - perhaps I can add in the shifted version in place of the audio I used. It’s worth a re-visit down the line. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, you could try :slight_smile: I hope that the pitch shifting does not change the timing, you’ll see !

1 Like

Considering I can’t even post this one to YouTube, I’m not so sure it’s worth a ton of effort. But I’ll have a gander at the pitch shifter nonetheless.

1 Like

at least now you’re aware about this issue !

2 Likes

Knowing GIJOE

2 Likes

Solid groove @cheeze_pizza !

2 Likes

Well done @iamck74 !!
Great slides.

3 Likes

That was great @robbp
Fantastic picking!
I’m jealous

3 Likes

I feel like you got a little ahead and|or out of sync on this one, and the rests got a little muddled a few times. You kept recovering back into the groove though so it’s there for sure.

You’re really knocking these out fast, super impressive learning so many so quickly, maybe slow down a bit and get the most out of what each tune is teaching us?

5 Likes

Hahaha. Well done regardless. You totally captured the sound and feel anyway
Well done

1 Like

Pitch aside, very well played @cheeze_pizza !

2 Likes

Looking back at my tracks in GB, I went with my 9th take and I guess I was a bit over-zealous in getting it posted before it was ready for prime time.

I’m trying not to strive for absolute perfection. I usually allow a few flubs that can later be overlaid. However, it seems my ears didn’t pick up on this when I was listening to it before uploading. Now I can hear it clear as day. I’m always fresher in the morning! :laughing:

As for the pace, I’m definitely in hyper-focus mode but I think the pace will slow as I get into the 20s and beyond.

Thanks for that feedback John.

P.S. (You aren’t being coached by dlamson to slow me down, are you…?) :rofl: I know it’s not a race, just having fun.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha. I made a push a while ago to try to catch up to @dlamson13, then threw in the white flag. That said, he gets an * by his name when he finishes, cause he’s one of those damn guitarists! :rofl::rofl::rofl::weary::weary::weary:

3 Likes

I had to do something, this dang #42 CCR song and it’s “swung sixteenths” is kicking my butt :rofl:

The Roger Maris treatment!? That’s harsh :rofl:

3 Likes