Post your covers! (2023)

Excellent job @dlamson13 ! Love that song! Against the Wind

2 Likes

Which tune hit 5,000?
I am fascinated by what gets more views.

My top 3…

And bottom 3…

4 Likes

Dang it I missed this one, but got to see it now @g13dip!

You did an absolutely fantastic job on this song!
You’re a natural.
You must have been playing for quite some time, no?

3 Likes

great advice, my vids are unlisted anyway so not really for the views just for a community share on here, but I can’t help but look at the views and since I really hate giving other people the power to effect my happiness (especially over something like the bass) I might leave off posting until I can be a bit more nonchalant about them

2 Likes

thanks @John_E…I have been playing since Oct last year (started B2B soon after)

2 Likes

Holy crap!
You rock!

3 Likes

@g13dip I think if you watch the video like I did within this forum, it might not count as a YouTube view? YT has some idiosyncrasies that way. I guess they think it only ‘counts’ if you’re watching it on their platform.

As usual I may well be wrong about this.

2 Likes

There’s no pattern that I can see (apart from I am laughing with enjoyment in all 3).

6,500 views - Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues

4,600 views - The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back

3,800 views - Fender P Bass vs Kala U Bass

5 Likes

Thank you @g13dip, @Barney, @John_E, @Lanny, @JerryP, @Darryl for checking this out, and I’m glad you enjoyed!

Very appreciative for the mix feedback as well. Not really sure why I mixed the bass so hot, guess I just was really digging the line? As for the compression, I did add some. I still find compression confusing. Because of this, I tend to be pretty conservative with it. My best guess is that the lack of punch is due to having both pickups at 100%, as this tend to cancel out a lot of midrange. Funny thing is I rehersed this everytime with the bridge pickup rolled off, but recorded it full on without thinking about it. I ended up liking the take so I kept it.

Oh my, that’s so funny! Must’ve been subconcious. Yes being a JETS fan often feels like I’m going against greater forces than just the wind. :rofl:

Haha…fortunately the black amp was off and only the orange one below it was on. The beer was safe :slight_smile: You know Bob Seger and cold beer kind of go together like peanut butter and jelly IMO. There is a place a little north of me in Pennsylvania where they play Seger on a real Jukebox and sell Yuenglings for $1, well at least they did 10 years ago lol. Good music, Good people, Good memories.

2 Likes

No way man, keep em’ coming! Sharing your work has to at least be a part of the quick progress you’re making. Honestly, you’ll probably always care, because you put your heart into it. Don’t change a thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just got to check out your Offspring cover and it’s pretty freaking awesome dude. Seems the kitty loves the jam as well! I would not worry so much about the view counts right now, just make the vids and have fun with it!

I usually keep my vids unlisted for a bit and then might go public later on but there really isn’t a rhyme or reason to it. Also the YT algorithm is a strange beast indeed.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the next one!

4 Likes

Who knew everybody’s into Johnny Cash still!

So fun!

4 Likes

50 Songs Challenge - Song No. 19: Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.

Mega Groove! If only I could have done the laughstramental along while I was playing… :sweat_smile:

Played with Fender Jazz Bass
Down-tuned half step
Neck Volume 75%
Bridge Volume 50%
Tone 50%

Darkglass 500v2 amp with Ampeg SVT15E cab
Compression 50%
MicroTubes OFF

XLR out into Volt 276 interface
Compression ON (GTR)
Vintage ON
Gain 40%

Original Bass removed with Moises.ai. Audio recorded and mixed with GarageBand. Video recorded with OBS. Finished in iMovie.

Thanks for checking it out!

6 Likes

I think that sounded great! I don’t think my mom knows I do bass covers, I think she barely realizes I play bass. Very cool that your mom put in a request.

3 Likes

Really great groove on that one dude. It’s such a great song!

2 Likes

This is an interesting topic. My two most popular videos are equipment demos, which makes sense, they are searched for more. The most popular covers are not what I would expect them to be.

Bottom three are pretty obscure songs.

the rest sit around 100 views +/- 50

1 Like

here are my top viewed covers :

and bottom :

3 Likes

I’m surprised @terb that the Duck Tales Theme isn’t number 1. That is a stone cold classic!

dt

4 Likes

Duck Tales!!! A woooo hoooo!

1 Like

This was the 2nd or 3rd time I ran this all the way through after learning it. I love Countdown to Extinction. After this was when I decided to jump back and wprk on fundamentals, which led me here.

11 Likes