Post your covers! (2023)

Hot off the gril https://youtu.be/gj_Dlm9m42c?si=IJzvqT3aUX3QRPus Happy New Year my fellow Low Downs!!

9 Likes

Nice and klangy!
Well done, love this tune.

2 Likes

I really wish they put out more music.
Nice job.

2 Likes

Yeah! Taking me back to 94, played the Smash CD on repeat a lot back then. Nice job and cool new bass.

3 Likes

Happy New Year MadBassist, and nice job on the Twisted Sister!

2 Likes

Here’s one more for 2023, it’s my cover of the Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit song “When We Were Close” from their most recent album Weathervanes. Got it on vinyl for Christmas, which I love since it forces me to listen to all the songs a little closer. This song really caught my ear, love to hear the band rock out like this. Made me want to go grab my bass and play along. It’s a lot of fun to play, thanks for listening.
Bass: Squier CV Fretless Jazz
Effects: Behringer BDI 21 for OD/Amp Sim and some Compression in post(Reaper)

10 Likes

nice job! I love the songs that make me want to play too.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan and John!
@dlamson13 @John_E

2 Likes

Really nice job on this one Paul! Awesome!

1 Like

I love the tone on this @dlamson13 ! You look so relaxed while playing! Great job!

1 Like

Thank you amigo!! Happy new year to you also

2 Likes

Thank you!! Same here

2 Likes

Awesome job on this bud

2 Likes

Thanks Paul!

2 Likes

Thanks MadBassist!

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry, appreciate it! I was really happy with the tone on this. Rolled off the bridge pickup a little and dialed in some drive on the Behringer DI box. Sometimes less is more.

1 Like

I made a bass cover over an old drum cover I did in 2010. This song isn’t hard to play, but it has taken me years to learn. I have just never been able to hear the bass. Moises is an amazing tool for learning bass lines. The ability to isolate the bass track makes it so much easier to learn songs, takes a lot of the guess work out. Anyway, shoutout to Moises for making a cool product. I love playing this song on bass and on drums, it’s a lot of fun.

Nada Surf - Treehouse

10 Likes

Great job Paul, on both drums and bass!

1 Like

Diana Ross - Upside Down (1980) bass cover

11 Likes

Sounds pretty good! Thanks for sharing with us.

2 Likes